Chapter Ten

Everyone is dressed in black jumpsuits covered with numerous pockets. I spot an extra jumpsuit on the end of the bench they are sitting at and have a feeling that suit is for me. I glance back at Charlie who I just realized is wearing a black jumpsuit as well but with more gadgets and handy looking equipment attached to it. Charlie smiles as he catches my attention and nods me towards the suit. I grab the suit off the bench and slip it on over my clothes as a dozen of eyes watch me, not creepy at all. . . I huff out a breath of air before zipping up the suit and plopping myself down on the bench.  

Charlie smiles at me and then straightens up ready to speak.  

"You are all here because training is necessary to get through the plans for tomorrow night. What we are going to be doing will be very risky so we cannot take chances on people coming along unknowledgeable in the procedure. We will have to be stealthy, invisible and strong. We will most importantly have to work as a team."  

Charlie grabs a small cylinder from his belt and clicks a button on it. The cylinder grows quickly into a long baton. Charlie taps an end to the ground and locks eyes with me.  

"Have any of you trained before, besides in this training room when you joined the rebellion?" Charlie asks, scanning his eyes along the row of people. No one nods and I know I have the least experience of all. Charlie's hand startles me as he grabs my arm and tugs me up to my feet and next to him. "Take out your baton Elsie."  

I search my belt for the cylinder and then fumble it off my belt, pressing the button and the holding the baton awkwardly to my side. Charlie grunts and then comes at me quickly with the baton braced in both his hands ready to knock me down where I stand. I panic as he comes closer, realizing I'm a goner if he proceeds. Charlie hits my baton with his and as if I was a flash of light I touched the end of my baton to the ground helping to push me from the ground into the air and bring the baton over my head for the one long second I was in the air and brought it down on Charlie who quickly shields himself with his baton. I land on the ground while my baton keeps locked on Charlie's. 

"That was amazing." A ladies voice exclaims. 

I turn my head to catch sight of who said that. Charlie takes his chance and slides his leg beneath me causing me to fall straight onto my butt. I groan and find the face of the woman. She is the woman I met in the training room when wandering around. Her long black hair is still pulled back into a high ponytail and she is also in a black jumpsuit that fits tight to her.  

"Charlie is a tough competitor, but I guess he had an instinct that you would be able to take care of yourself." She smiles and helps me up slowly. "Sorry it took me so long to get here Charlie. The meeting ended so there was a huge crowd for me to weave through."  

Charlie nods and smiles understandingly. Everyone on the bench starts fidgeting impatiently.  

"Alright kids! Get on up and we are going to actually train now!" Charlie shouts out, making my ears ring. "We are going to be pros by the time I am done with you all, this mission will not be a failure as long as I am alive." All the pets on the bench get up quickly and circle around Charlie anxiously. They must be very excited to go and take down the breeding center.  

"You should get into that circle as well Elsie. That one stunt doesn't mean you don't need training." She teases. "By the way, my name is Cindy. I know I never told you and I know it would be important for you to know my name for when we go into action at the breeding center." She smiles and pushes me into the circle. Training began, and for once my mind was clear and I wasn't flooding my head with questions, just orders and actions.

I trudge back to my room late at night with aches and pains screaming at me to stop moving. I groan and ignore the dead silence in the main living area as I turn the door knob to my room slowly and push it open causing it to hit the wall. I slide my feet along the ground and shut the door behind me shutting the light out as well. I slip my clothes off along with the jumpsuit leaving only me undergarments and leave the close on the floor.