Breaking Aaron Judge

"B-but Aaron-" My voice cracks as I reach out to grab his hand, but without thought, he instantly backs away. He doesn't want me anymore.

"Don't 'but' me, Claire. I can't believe you would do this. I thought you were better than that. " The tears don't stop. And with every single word he speaks, my heart breaks a little more, making me realize that Aaron is really pissed off at me. As he stares down at me, disappointment, disgust, and hatred is in his gaze, his gaze makes it hard to look at him. I begin to feel intimidated by his towering height but also the hatred that was radiating off his body.

"You don't understand! It's the media and the media lies! Th-they twist every sentence I said, just to have a story the people want. Aaron, y-you know me better than that! I would never say things like that – I love you. You know I do." I can barely get the words out, my weakness showing through my voice but I don't care if I'm showing that I'm weak. But I force myself not show Aaron how much my body is shaking.

"Oh, I know all about the media, Claire. But the fact that the media doesn't changed what people say that much so I know those words came out of your mouth. It is hurtful to know that words like that can come out of your mouth . You know, I thought I knew you but clearly I don't. Your way different than I thought. And I thought you loved but I was wrong. And now I don't love you." My heart shatters into many pieces when he says that he doesn't love me. The pain in his voice send me into a new fit of tears and breaking even more. Even though it was late at night, the light from my garage showed most of his features, but it doesn't hide his face. The small brightness of the light from the garage allows me to see that he is crying as much as I am. The famous Aaron Judge that never sheds a tear, both on and off the field is crying his heart out. And I know I'm the reason why he is crying. I couldn't speak because I knew I broke him. Noticing my silence, he scoffs and shakes his head, running his finger through his hair. My silence proves to him that every word I have said is a lie. But the look on his face says he wants to know if its the truth or not.

"You know it's true, Claire. Please, look me in the eyes and tell me what you said to the reporters isn't true. But if you can't do that than look me in the eyes and say it, then. Tell me what you said to those reporters. Just like how you said it to those fucking reporters. Tell me that you were using me! That you were using me for the money and the attention. But who am I kidding? You're just like everyone else, you're a little gold-digger looking for you to get your 15 minutes of fame. I can't fucking believe you would fucking do this to me." Aaron was yelling at me, he has never yelled at me before. Aaron runs a hand through his hair trying to calm himself down, but he was also using every bit of the strength he still had left in him to keep his voice from cracking. It was clear that he was not doing a very a good job about it.

"Aaron.." I tried but the look on Aaron's face cut me off.

"Don't even try, Claire. I don't want to hear it." He turns on his heels and starts walking toward his car but I quickly run after him, grabbing his hand and using all the force that I have in my body to keep him from leaving me without me explaining myself.

"Please, Claire. Just let me go." All the strength from him was gone. His voice cracks making me realize that I have broken him. I broke the person who would never let his emotion get the best of him. He yanks his arm away, a little to roughly which causes me to stumble and almost unable to catch myself before hitting the ground. But despite the disappointment, the anger and the hatred he felt toward me at the moment, Aaron reaches out and catches me before I fall on my face, he helps me to regain my balance. We were facing each other once again and I finally had the courage to look back up at Aaron, but the hurt in his eyes made it hard to keep eye contact.

"P-please, let me explain. Please. " At this point, I've given up on trying to sound strong and I'm letting him know how much this is hurting me as it is him. He needs to know that I care and that I am not lying.

"No, Claire. I'm sorry, but I don't ever want to see you again." And with that, he turns around for a final time, leaving me alone, standing in the middle of my driveway. I remain on my feet, watching as he slowly sits in the driver's side of the car, avoiding all eye contact. And then he drives away and I stand there in my driveway watching him drive away.