Chapter 12- My Luck Turns Around

I see the landscape disappear behind me. It had only been a few weeks since I got here, and now I was leaving again. I was actually lucky to be here, considering my parents had to literally pry my brothers off my leg.

I stepped out of the cab, handed the driver his money, and hurried for my flight with the wheels on my suitcase bumping against the pebbles on the asphalt. I really didn't feel like getting eaten by monsters today.

*********=^.^=*********

I find my seat and sit down, letting my hair fall over my face. This would be a really horrible place for an attack. I do a silent prayer that Zeus doesn't strike down this flight. I give the flight attendant my ticket, and hope I don't get an annoying seat-kicker behind me.

The flight takes off, and I chew some mint gum to keep my ears from popping.

Next thing I know, we're landing. I'm so happy, I can barely contain myself. I feel like a firework about to burst in the sky.

I drop off my bags by my room, which is also Percy's room. He wasn't there. I hadn't told him I was coming, because I wanted to surprise him. I walk down to the actual school floor, and ask some cheerleaders my question.

"Hey, I'm new here. Can you tell me where a guy named Percy Jackson is?"

The girls laugh at me. I wish I could crawl into a ball and not exist. Soon, most of the girls around then start laughing.

"Haha! Your funny, little girl." Ugly one cackles.

"Yeah. Percy's only the hottest guy in school, and he has a secret girlfriend named Annabeth so don't even think about it." Ugly two says.

Then I hear his voice from down the hall. My seaweed brain, I run to him, pushing through the girls who have gathered to laugh at me.

"Annabeth!" he yells, and brings me into his arms.

"I love you." We both say at the same time.

He pulls his lips to mine, and our lips move perfectly together for a few seconds. Then he breaks away and storms to the idiot cheerleaders, who seemed to have shrink.

"Hey," he pulls me in beside him. "Meet my girlfriend, Annabeth. And if you ever bother her again, you won't be the first stupid cheerleader I've killed." He kisses me again, and I can almost hear the cheerleaders mouths drop as we walk away hand in hand.