Chapter 30

I was grateful that I could run as fast as every one of my kind. I can't even remember the last time I ran. At times when I leaped over fallen trees and logs on the way to my mothers grave, it felt like I was flying again. Even if it was a moment it was a moment I was most grateful about.

After about ten minutes of running, I slowed down and found myself in front of my childhood home.

This was not right, I smiled at myself, I must have yearned to return home more then I thought. I didn't even release that I was heading this way.

The house even looks as I remember but how could this be? It has been hundreds if not thousands of years since someone lived here and no human would live so far out away from civilization, well time has changed. I most likely be wrong.

I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. Just to see the home still standing was made my heartache, I was so happy that there was something I knew that didn't change, well, not too much, that is. I didn't know what the inside looked but I could tell that the new owners were taking good care of the home my father built for his family.

"Not again, " I heard a little voice yell. "He is always doing this to me!"

My curiosity took over while I made my way to the back of the home with a little fence. The child who had been speaking had thrown a piece of cloth off the dry rack and into a basket with a grunt.

"He thinks keeping me here will stop me. Just you wait, " the girl promised taking another cloth and throwing it down in the basket.

"Who keeps you here?" I didn't want to say anything. It just happened. I was going to walk away but something told me to stay. That this is where I was to be.

The child turned to me with a shocked looked that turned into a happy grin, "Olivia!"

"I know you, " I said shockly.

"Do you remember me, " she ran up to the fence with a look of pure joy.

"You're the little girl who spent time with me while I was in the hospital, " I looked at the house and then to her, "do you live here?"

"Yes, " the child whispered.

"I used to live here, believe it or not, " I said taking another look at the house.

"I know. You told me."

"I did?" The little girl wouldn't look at me but stare at her little pink shoes. "I was here before?" She nodded her head. "I see."

"You're not here to see me, are you." Hearing the child's voice whimper made me want to hold her and never let go.

"I'm afraid I didn't know. But I'm here now, " bent down and placed my knees on the grass to be eye level with the child. "Did you wait long?"

She nodded her head while whipping her nose with the back of her hand. "A really long time."

I laughed a little. Getting up, "well you don't have to wait no more, " I said. Looking around, "I'm sorry for praying but where are your mother and father."

The child flinched, "I never knew my mother. She died a long time ago, " Joel lied? "And dad. He. . . he said he was going to bring her back but the dead can't come back, " the child's voice started to get louder as if she was fighting some of her anger out. "He wouldn't believe me when I told him what happens when you bring the died back. He didn't believe he is in danger! I. . . don't want, why can't he," the poor child started to cry.

"You don't have to say anymore, " I couldn't stand looking at this child crying before me. I hurt too much.

"I'm sorry, " she hiccuped as she whipped her nose with her sleeve. "Would you like to stay for dinner? I making shepherds pie."

"I would love to, " I smiled. What was shepherds pie?

Sorry for the short chapter I'll make the next one longer.