part two

WE MET WHEN we were in our freshman year. He was someone who felt like he was heaven sent specifically for me. He felt like a blessing, especially during a time when everything was all new. Having moved to a new town because of my parents deciding that city living was not the best place to raise sane children so they took my three siblings and I to the suburbs.

He was that constant that I was absolutely grateful for. He felt like home.

                                                                                      -

"Your hands are soft."

"Is that a statement or a question?"

"Just, you're hands are soft."

"What a sweet talker, always knowing what to —"

"They're cold."

"What?"

"Your hands. They're cold as well."

"Oh yeah, I have that. For some strange reason they're always cold."

"That's weird."

"Well, why are you're hands always so hot? It's like you've been — well you know."

"No, say it. Please say it."

"Masturbating."

"Dear god."

"What, you told me to say it."

"Didn't think you'd actually do it."

"Well I did."

"Anyway, that would mean only my right hand would be hot."

"Oh my goodness. Great, now I know what hand you use to masturbate with."

"I mean. I am right handed June."

"Please don't say my name in that sentence."

"Oh so sorry. Let me repeat. I am right handed. There you go."

"I thought you would at least have the decency to use your left hand. Especially since you do everything with that hand."

"Exactly. Everything."

"You know this is the first time I've actually taken the time to look at the stars."

"I do it a lot."

"You know my mom once told me something that I've remembered since. It was this simple reply to a question I had. I asked her how many stars there were in the sky. She laughed said that counting the stars will only drive me crazy, that just appreciating the beauty and the sincerity of it was all that was necessary."

"I like that."

"Me too."

"Finn?"

"I --"

"That's your phone."

"Right, yeah. Oh."

"What?"

"He just texted me."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"What are you going to do."

"I don't know maybe throw my phone into the ocean for dramatic effect."

"That would be stupid."

"I know."

"Talk it out. You need that. You can't keep everything in. It's not healthy."

"Okay, yeah, of course. You're right."

"What'd he say?"

"He asked if I could meet him in front on my house. He's waiting."

"You should go."

"Really?"

"I — don't really know. I mean, you'll get to talk to him face to face."

"Right."

" . . . "

"Guess I better leave then."

" . . . "

" I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, definitely. Good luck."

" . . . "

". . . "

"Hey."

"Yeah?"

"I liked hanging out. It definitely helped after the day I had."

"Me too."

"Bye."

"Get home safely Finn."

"You too June."

FOR JUNE. 12, December 2017.

You seemed out of it today. You seem out of reach. 

a/n: and we're going forward! i have another story idea that i've been thinking about working on, the last time i touched the idea was when I was fifteen and it's been three years so we'll def see. let me know your thoughts? hm ok i'm done for today. have a great day !