Chapter Three

In the meanwhile, Kevin had been rambling about football as Darcy followed closely behind. Her footsteps echoed against the marble flooring as they rounded the solarium. Moonlight poured into the glass dome, illuminating each crack and crevice between the rows of wilted plants.

"Kevin, could you talk about something else?" Darcy asked, sitting down on a nearby bench.

Kevin turned to look at her, her face radiant in the moonlight. Before tonight, he was completely unaware of her beauty. Unsure of what to say, Kevin stumbled towards her. Close up, he saw the full intensity of her golden blue eyes, something that he'd never noticed before.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she noticed his eyes staring into hers. A brief rush of lust enveloped her body as she imagined him caressing her bare body. Her golden blue eyes glazed to an erie hazel as she rose to her feet.

"Care to go somewhere a little more...private?" Darcy asked, reaching for his hand.

Kevin's eyes widened at her request. He had secretly loved the peppy cheerleader, although he never had the courage to say so. Before he could answer, she was already dragging him into the barely lit hallway.

Kevin took a deep breath as he felt the softness of her skin; her vanilla bean perfume wafted towards him, intoxicating his senses. Before he realized what was happening, he was in bed with a nude cheerleader. He gazed down at the blonde beauty, drinking in her luscious body.

The combination of sweat and vanilla filled the air as their silhouettes danced together on the faded wall. Their hearts beating in unison as the candlelight flickered. Darcy moaned, sliding her hands against his muscled chest. The room grew silent as the light disappeared.

Fear replaced the feelings of lust as a cold air graced the room. The only noise audible was the acceleration of their beating hearts, followed by a bloodcurdling scream.