Chapter 6. Getting along...sorta

Hey guys first off tysm for all the amazing comments you guys are so sweet. And also Arthur is how my Arthur is in the game. He has that blue shirt one with his sleeves rolled up, black jeans, short hair, and clean shaved :) ill show you a photo of Robin in the next one. Since rdr2 had released online beta i got to make my own character and I made Robin :)  okay continue!
Arthur and a few other men arrived. I expected them to kill Kieran but they hadn't, in fact.

I walked up. They let Kieran walk around but definitely kept an eye on him.

"Hey." I tapped Kieran's shoulder. He kind of jumped and turned around.

"You alright?" I ask.

"Yeah... just uh just a bit nervous." He explained.

"I would be too. They hurt ya?" I ask.
He shook his head slightly.

"Not really. They was just a bit rough." Kieran mumbled.

"I didn't like that. They were the same thing when I showed up." I crossed my arms.

"Yeah... and I've been around longer than you." Kieran complains.

"Well... I just... guess since you were an O'Driscoll they had to be extra carful." I try to come up with the best answer possible.

Kieran thinks on it then shrugs and sits in the dirt.

I sit beside him.

"I think you're trustworthy." I say, looking across the camp.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah..." I smile.

"Well thanks. You seem pretty trustworthy. And not tryna castrate me!" Kieran glares at Bill who was taking a nap.

I giggle.

"S'not funny, Robin." Kieran says.

"Yeah it is." I nod.

I see a pair of black boots in front of me and I look up and see Dutch.

"Howdy." I say.
Kieran stays silent, looking a bit terrified.

"Robin. We need you to go into town, heres a list.  Take one of the men with ya." Dutch hands me a piece of paper and walks away.

"Kieran-"

"I'm not going." He gets up and walks towards the horses."

"Ass." I stand up, dust my butt off, and go to see who'll come with me.

John wasn't there, Uncle was sleeping, Bill's a prick, Micah's also a prick... of course it's Arthur as my last choice.

I look around for him and find him hauling a feed sack to Pearson's wagon.
I wait until he sets it down and then I tap his shoulder.

"Dutch says you gotta go into town with me." I say.

"What, why?" Arthur takes his hat off and combs his hand through his short hair.

"Just c'mon." I groaned.

I heard Arthur mumble under his breath and headed to the wagon. I got in the other side and Arthur got in the other.

"So, why are you all so angry about Kieran?" I ask.

It took a few minutes for him to answer.

"Didn't realize you cared so much 'bout an O'Driscoll."  Arthur responded.

I look to glare at him and he's already glaring at me.

"Excuse me if I have sympathy." I snorted.

"You are somethin' else." Arthur shook his head, focusing on the road.

"There's the general store!" I point.

"Yeah I know." Arthur said.

We pull up aside it and I smile when Arthur gets off and reaches his hand out to help me off. Of course I just jumped down and gave him a rebellious look which he rolled his eyes at.

"Okay lemme..." I studied the piece of paper.

Arthur leaned against the wagon.

"Alright..." I walked in the store and was greeted by a man.

"Hello, can I get everything on this list please?" I pushed it towards him.

He grabbed it and stared at it for a few seconds before putting on some small glasses and studying it again.

"Tobacco... Some clothes, ammo, and a gun. Alrighty." He walked away and came back a couple minutes later with a crate of everything.

Before leaving, I bought some candy for Jack.

I walked out, heavy crate in hand, and headed towards the wagon.

"Lemme help." Arthur mumbled, taking the crate without my response.

"Well such a fine gentleman you are." I crossed my arms.
He pushed it back in the wagon.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Arthur climbed in the drivers side.

"Nothin' except you're just a kind hearted man." I said. Arthur scoffed and reached his hand out. This time I took it and climbed up beside him.

"How long have y'all been here?" I ask.

"Not long. Afraid we're pushing our luck." Arthur admitted.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

Arthur sighs, like he has a huge weight on his shoulders he wants to take off.

"We been on the run for awhile. And Dutch seems to think we're safe here when I know, sometime, we are gonna be hangin' in a noose." Arthur says.

"Nah. Nobody even comes close to where y'all are hiding and with people like you, always alert, you ain't gonna get caught just yet." I assured.

Arthur turned the wagon to the camp and stopped.

"Hope you're right." Arthur got off and offered his help to let me down.

I took it and grabbed his hand and climbed down.

"I am." I smiled and walked around back. Arthur grabbed the crate and I walked up to Dutch.

"Got it all." I say.

"Thank you." Dutch says honestly.

I turn and follow Arthur putting the stuff near a wagon.

"Thank you for coming with me." I say.

"Pleasure." Arthur snickers.

I walk towards my tent and sit down.
Feels like I already love it here.

---
Ty guys so much for readingggg ilysmmmm!!!