The Camping Trip |

Lena had thought going into the camping trip that things would be peaceful... a break from the constant drama that takes place back at Anchor Beach... boy had she been wrong.

She was completely oblivious.

Jude had decided to part from the group, and take a peaceful hike on his own. It gave him time to think. It gave him time to think about how he felt with everything... especially the fact that Connor had came on the trip too. It wasn't that things were awkward... well, yeah there was that. But Jude hadn't planned on Connor even going, and that's where things took a unexpected turn.

They hadn't been on good terms for the past week or two. They hadn't talked, hadn't even been around eachother... they just both avoided making the first effort at all means necessary.

Jude took a break, sitting on a tree stump and leaning his head into his hands. It was so beautiful along the mountain ranges. It brought a sense of peace... relief of which he hadn't been feeling at home for awhile. Jude sighed, running a hand through his hair.

He almost jumped out of his skin when he heard footsteps coming closer to him. Who could have possibly seen him part from the group? He turned to see the last person he expected to have followed him... Connor.

Connor walked closer, sitting next to Jude on the tree stump, keeping himself at a safe distance. Jude looked away from Connor, hoping that avoiding his gaze would make the situation alot less awkward than it had already become. Connor cleared his throat, and Jude knew what was coming.

"Jude... we need to talk." Connor admitted, and Jude turned to look at him, confusion crossing his features. Jude tries to act completely oblivious, in hopes that Connor wouldn't notice... He noticed.

"What is there to talk about?" Jude questions, and Connor rolls his eyes in response, a look of annoyance on his face. Connor knew that Jude would play dumb so that they wouldn't need to have the conversation they were having.

"Jude... you know exactly what there is to talk about... don't play dumb with me, okay?" Connor says, and Jude gives in, nodding his head.

Connor takes a deep breath, "First off, Jude you never gave me a chance to explain myself... why I was acting the way I was." Jude looked at Connor, signaling that he was listening to the words of his friend.

"I'm not my dad, Jude... I'm not. I don't have a problem with your sexuality... no matter what you are. You are my bestfriend, and I support you, whether you believe it or not," Connor stated, than continuing on," When my dad even brought up that topic in general... I got worried. My dad is very controlling, and he wants everyone to think the way he does. I was scared, scared of what would happen if I disagreed with him."

Jude believed what he was hearing. He believed every word.

"But now I know I was wrong, Jude. You are my bestfriend... and for me not to stand up for you. I just - I'm sorry," Connor apologized, " I'm not my dad... and I want you to know that I don't care whether you're gay... straight... bi. That doesn't change anything. It doesn't change the fact you're my bestfriend."

Jude met Connor's gaze again, and let out a chuckle. Connor looked confused, and turned his gaze to the ground below him. His apology hadn't worked... Jude just thought he was a joke.

"Come here... you idiot." Jude said, opening his arms for a hug. Connor debated it for a minute, and than smiled, moving closer to Jude... wrapping his arms around him. He sighed in relief. Jude wrapped his arms firmly around Connor, letting out a shaky breath. They sat there for a few seconds... just holding eachother.