« five »

c a r a

Niall went to bed early, and I was curious as to what he was doing, so I went up a few minutes after him. Along the way, I noticed the door to my room was wide open, and the navy hoodie I'd stolen from Niall that'd I'd been sleeping with was in plain sight.

Shit!

I hope he didn't fucking notice! I slowly make my way to his room and hear the gentle strum of his guitar coming from it. I sigh, closing my eyes as I slide down the door and press the back of my head against it firmly.

My mother had once told me that when a person plays music, they play what they feel, and that only one other person in the world would be able to feel that. Their soul mate.

I focused on the guitar, trying not to think about my family and what happened surprised me. The guitar takes me on a journey, a journey through Nialls head.

Pain and confusion cloud my senses. The betrayal felt undying and unforgiving. First it was just pain. Pain everywhere, so strong that it seemed I didn't have any energy anymore. It felt like an effort to breathe and sit up in bed. Flares of anger spiked my heart. Suddenly, the pain was replaced with anger and the energy had returned as rage. I wanted to get up and yell and punch. I felt sick to the stomach with hatred and disbelief. Anger, shock, disbelief, rage, confusion, and grief formed together and covered my brain. I was taken to a barren land, wind sweeping my hair and ruffling my clothing. I felt lost. I was lost.

I was ripped away from the illusion and I'd made my decision in a split second. I had to tell him.

I went to my bedroom, changing into a pair of flannel shorts and Nialls hoodie, breathing in the scent I'd grown to love.

But as I quietly made my way back to his room, I heard that something had changed. This time he was singing. Sitting in the same position as before, I listened to the voice that had sung to me at that dance - that dance that both felt and was so very long ago. That same voice that lulled me to sleep and got my heart beating.

"So you're friends've been telling me,

You've been sleeping with my sweater,

and you're kissing your pillow,

pretending that it's me - no, that's wrong..." His strumming stopped abrubtly and he went to right himself with the chords. He tried several times again, getting stumped at the same place with the lyrics.

Why didn't he just look them up on his phone? Unless...

No. He doesn't write... Does he?

I denied that he was writing about me, about us - I didn't want to believe that he'd known that I actually had stolen his sweater. But God, could he blame me? It smelled so musky and nice and kind of like the forest when it didn't rain for a few days; it smelled like Niall.

The sweater was quickly shed and put into my arms, like a child with her teddy.

Niall began once again, more quietly. "You've been sleeping with my sweater... And you.. can't stop missing me?" There were stops and starts to both his singing and his playing, as if he were deciding on what lyrics to add in next. He then muttered, "Good thing I'm recording this on my phone," as he strummed chords I could never even begin to understand.

"Bet my friends' been telling you,

I'm not doing much better...

'Cause I've lost your half of me?"

He fully stopped again, he stopped for so damn long I was imagining him shaking his head and mussing his hair with frustration.

"Because I'm missing half of me." I smiled softly, both sad that he was probably writing this about us, and proud that Niall had figured it out.

He began to play his guitar with the same anger, intensity and pain as before.

"And being here without you, is like I'm waking up to

Only half a blue sky,

Almost there but not quite." Almost sounded wrong as he sang it. I wanted to tell him that, so very badly, but I really didn't need any more embarassment for the day.

"I'm walking 'round with just one shoe,

I'm half a heart without you." Half a Heart. That should be the song name. I ran my fingers through my hair and clenched at the thick sweater tucked between my right hand, my knees propped up into a forty-five degree angle, and my oversized chest.

The heart beating in my said oversized chest jumped and spluttered when I heard him cough and set the guitar down. I cursed silently to myself as I zipped away, faster than I've ever run, and tucked myself behind a bathroom door a few seconds before Niall came out of his room. That was close. I thanked whatever higher power there may be that the bathroom lights were left off or my shadow would've shown. Holding my breath, I waited thirty seconds before I heard him descend the dark hardwood stairs. I literally sprinted into my bedroom (er, temporary bedroom), and shut the door.

I didn't even bother smothering my hands with lotion before I ducked under the covers.

It wasn't until I was drifting off that I realized that he walked right past my bedroom door on his way downstairs. My open bedroom door.

And I'd shut it on my way in.

Fucker.

{sorry that it's so short guys. am getting N to check it over in the morning before we publish because I did a crap job and she did amazing :p

maybe she can help me add stuff at lunch, idk.

i personally love this chapter because I got the idea for it back in grade eight (whoops) and I was having a really bad, stressful day until this idea came alone and I was like fCUK YESH IDEAR

and yeah it took me like 3 months to work in. #dontblamedec #blameemmah #jordandidntdoit #emmahdidit

LOTS OF LOVE<3

let's hope I don't get lost tomorrow at school or forget that we're having lunch before period 5&6 k? k

iN MY DEFENSE MY OLD SCHOOL HAD SEVEN PERIODS AND I JUST ASSUMED WE HAD LUNCH AND I ZONED OUT BECAUSE I WASN'T HUNGRY OKAYYY

AND ALSO I LOOKED AT DAY ONE AND NOT TWO AND I THOUGHT WE HAD PHYS ED SO I WENT TO THE SMALL GYM AND WAS LIKE WTF WHY ARE THESE GRADE SEVENS IN MY WAY

and then I realized.

so yeah.

does anybody even read these? :p

Emmah}

{PS NINAH WROTE THE FIRST PART AKA THE BETTER PART OKAY GUYS}

<3

{EMMUR!!! ITS NOT THE BETTER PART!! YOURE MUCH BETTER AT WRITING. Don't y'all agree? And guys, just FYI, when I read this I got MAJOR feels. I'm a HUUUUUGE Niall girl ahahaha. Sorry the chapter is so short. I'll definitely talk to Emmah about the next chapter!!! Enjoy!! I love you guys. xxxxx N}