part one

He was angry. He was walking ahead of me at a much faster pace, his long legs taking long steps that made it difficult for me to catch up with him. Each step he took left droplets of water on the concrete, most likely similar to what I was doing as well, our bodies both wet from the day we had spent at the pool.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled it as loud as I possibly could, his body stopping momentarily before continuing.

"Finn!" my voice cracked, I could feel the sadness that becoming overwhelming suddenly. "Please."

Hearing me, he stopped, his back facing me. I could feel my eyes watering, my bottom lip quivering slightly.

Knowing he wasn't going to move, that he was waiting for me to speak, I started walking to him, my eyes carefully watching him, hoping he wouldn't move. Only inches away from him, I stopped, my body right behind him. I looked at his back, noticing his breathing was irregular. My throat felt dry, my mind blank. How do I get the courage to tell him everything I was thinking. I speak the first thing that comes into my mind. "I'm sorry."

After hearing it again, he stays quiet, his breath calming down, his head looking forward, no movement to indicate whether he accepted my apology. "Finn, please. I'm sorry."

"Finn?" in one movement, almost without me noticing, his fists by his sides unclench and rest on his legs while his head looks down. Taking that as progress, I take two steps forward only for him to take two as well. I understand his anger, and I wish that I could make it all stop. Wishing that it could just be us on play and everything else was on pause, and in that moment it almost felt like it was.

"Finn," I say this softly, my eyes warily staring at him. I begin to walk forward again, my steps being the only sounds both him and I could hear. Lightly walking closer to him I take a breathe and immediately smell the combination of sunscreen and chlorine on his skin, a smell most likely similar to mine.

I stopped right behind him, my toes almost touching his heels. I could feel the heat radiating of his body, a contrast to mine.

"I'm here. I'm right here Finn. Please. I'm sorry."

With a deep breath, I raised my arms, immediately wrapping them around his stomach, my head on his back. I could hear his heartbeat, his pulse increasing. Without realizing, I notice the tears falling down my eyes onto his shirt.

"How many times can I tell you until it makes up for everything. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," I mumble this onto his back, loud enough for him to decipher. I tighten my grip on him once he begins to struggle against my hold, but eventually my arms are no longer around him. My head remains looking down with my eyes focused on my feet, my tears falling quickly onto the ground.

It was quiet for a moment before I heard him speak, "June."

He didn't walk away. I slowly raise my head slightly, seeing his feet facing me, immediately propelling me to hug him again, my head on his chest and my arms wrapped tightly around him once again. I can feel him pulling me off again which only forced me to hold on tighter.

"June."

"I'm sorry."

"June," he says my name strongly, finally pushing me off. "Look at me."

Slowly I begin looking up, finally meeting his eyes. His light brown eyes were teary like mine, a tear running down his cheek.

"I know," he says this softly, his voice cracking and his eyes staring right at mine wanting me to understand the words he was saying.

"I know."

a/n: hiya! ok so i am trying something out and we'll see if it turns out well or it ultimately finds itself to be unsuccesful. i hope you enjoyed the first chapter, i know the description does not give a a lot of information but trust me <3 i think you'll most likely understand where i'm going soon <3 I will most likely be adding more info to the description soon hopefully since this is me just trying a different method to writing and seeing if this works more efficiently that the other methods i've used. this story is mostly to work on my writing, and to remind myself what made it enjoyable for me in the first place. ok, that should be enough from me aha, hope you enjoyed and hope you have a wonderful day.

- angelica <3