Chapter 5

Chapter 5

'Annie,' said Jeffery , 'I have to confess something to you. That first morning you were here... I thought you were so beautiful. I wanted to kiss you then, but I did not know how you would react.

 Annie gasped in shock. 'Kiss... me?'

 'I told myself I must not, because of the terrible ordeal you had just suffered. It was not the right time. But these past few days while I was gone, I could think only of you the entire time. And now...'

 'Jeffery ...' Annie sighed his name. 'I thought about you too. All the time, while you were gone. I was worried I would never see you again.' a tear slipped down her cheek

 Jeffery lifted his hand to gently stroke Annie's tear away. 'I am sorry I ran off like that. I should have said something to you.'

 Taking a deep breath, Annie said, 'Jeffery , there is something I have been considering over the past several days. I think we were meant to find each other. What happened to me... it was no accident of fate. I was meant to come here. You were meant to rescue me.'

 A bright smile broke across Jeffery 's face as soon as Annie had spoken. 'You know,' he said, 'I had been thinking the same thing! That night when I found you I had been worried an unable to think. Some strange power led me out to the terrace, and that was when I saw you.'

 Annie took Jeffery 's hand. 'So you think... we are meant to be together?'

 'I have no doubt of it.' Slowly, Jeffery leaned in and kissed Annie softly on the lips. 'I love you,' he whispered.

 'I love you too, Jeffery ,' Annie whispered in return.

THE END? LOL NOPE