Chapter 3

Just a quick shout out to Ka2en2nD who I believe has been around since the start of my wattpad journey! Thank you for all your support and sticking around no matter what work I produce! 💕

Jayce felt conflicted and stressed, something was wrong with Kairo but he couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was. The Prince was an absolute Gentleman, he gave Jayce a grand tour of the castle, introduced him to a few discreet guards, and slowly asked Jayce the questions he needed to.

Kairo was actually incredible, a few hundred years older than Jayce himself but still growing and learning. Jayce could see very easily he was ready to run the kingdom, all that was holding him back was the age old tradition of needing a mate.

Kairo spoke of his parents, of how they had tired of running a kingdom despite being immortal and were more than ready to pass on the mantle to their oldest child.
Slowly, Jayce spoke of his own parents.

"I didn't know them" He said, shyly when Kairo finished speaking of how his parents met, a story that Jayce much loved to hear.

They were currently sitting together in the gardens in the castle courtyard, they were empty and Jayce could only assume that the prince had ordered everyone away. Yet he felt like he could feel eyes on him other than Kairo's.

"Your parent's, little one?" The older vampire asked gently, guidingly.

"Yes, my parents... I was an orphan to the coven, I didn't... I was still an infant by human years when they died, I'm not really sure how either but, all I know is they did. The elders, they always tell me I'm just as useless as they were..." Jayce trailed off. He was struggling, he had no memories of his parents, no idea what they were really like. All he had to go off of was what he had been told.

"Listen carefully Jayce, you are not useless or anything else those bastards would have you believe" Kairo growled deeply, capturing Jayces' face in his hand and forcing the other to look at him. "I do not know you as well as I'd like to, but anyone could tell you're incredible. Even underfed you travelled and ran for days without stopping, injured and losing more blood than you could afford to, until you could go on no further"

Kairo cupped his face gently, looking deep into the smaller vampires eyes.

"You are incredible, the way you think and Calculate and survive is incredible. Most other vampires would have succumbed to lesser evil by now and yet here you sit, by my side, alive and whole" He gave Jayce a warm, gorgeous smile and ran his thumb over the pale mans cheeks, wiping away the tears that had fallen there.

"I look forward to getting to know you better little one" The man whispered and Jayce felt like he positively melted.

"Y-you can't just say things like that" Jayce whined, scrubbing away his tears. The other male chuckled and stood, holding out his arm for Jayce to hold onto.

"Come, we will go and eat now, the cooks here are incredible and I believe you will sincerely enjoy their culinary skills" He smiled.

Jayce took his arm, holding onto it tightly and staying close to the big Vampire as they walked, he felt safe with him, felt better than he had in many, many years.

"I'm sure I will"

Jayce giggled, feeling light and fuzzy again, the food they had been brought in his bedroom really was delicious, and the half bottle of blood that Kairo had Coaxed him into drinking was fantastic and made him feel warm and fuzzy and a little blood drunk again. Kairo chuckled, reaching over to ruffle his hair.

"You will never have to worry about starving here, should you be hungry all you need to do is ask and you will be provided sweet" he murmured, and Jayce preened under the affection in the deep voice.

Today he had realised just how touch starved he was, and were he would probably flinch away from all others, he lapped up any and all physical touches from Kairo. He sensed that the other had figured this out too as he had continued to make sure they were close and touching at all times.

"What's it like, having siblings?" Jayce asked shyly as he settled back onto the plush red sofa, watching Kairo with half lidded eyes.

The big Vampire leant back as well, tracing patters over Jayces' leg by his side with his fingertips.

"It can be frustrating at times, especially when we were younger and they never shut up. But, also comforting, my brother and sister were always like a support network, despite how mischievous they are. They're known as 'the twins' around the castle so if you ever hear someone yelling that I suggest you walk in the opposite direction as fast as you possibly can" he chuckled, clearly thinking of his two siblings.

Jayce smiled, trying to imagine what it would be like growing up with family, but he could not and deep down it hurt. Kairo sensed his change in mood and took the youngers hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it.

"They are going to like you very very much sweet, I can only hope that they are not too much for you" he purred.

Jayce blushed, and encouraged the man to continue, he enjoyed listening. And just like that, listening to the deep tones of his mates voice, Jayce slowly lulled off to sleep.