Chapter 14

Doe-eyes widen as if she had given him the answer to the universe, "You- you're all fairy tale characters?!"

Spencer answered steady, "Everyone here has a story, it's just not what you expect."

Henry's hand gripped onto the ends of his hair, "This is impossible."

"Does baby Spencer want her book back?"

The boy scowled as he held the book over Spencer's head. Her hands curled into a fist at her side and tears filled the corner of her eyes.

"Give it back!"

He flipped through the book before laughing, "You actually believe in this garbage?"

Spencer's cheeks burned, "It's true! Just because you're too stupid to understand it doesn't make it any less real."

The children surrounding them gasped and the boy's eyes darkened, "There's a reason your twin sister left you. Even she knew how insane you were."

He gripped onto one of the pages ends and grinned, "Say goodbye to your pathetic dreams."

Spencer's chest tightened, "No!"

The boy stumbled and the book fell out of his hand before he could tear out a single page. She tucked Pan into her side and ran away without a single glance to the fallen boy.

The truest believer wouldn't call her insane, right?

Henry finally focused his attention on her, "Who are you?"

Spencer furrowed her eyebrows, "I'm not sure how to explain this."

Henry tilted his head, "What do you mean?"

What's a better place to start at than the beginning, "One day, the Evil Queen cursed all the people in the land, but what she didn't know was that a prophecy had been made. It had been foretold that Snow White and Prince Charming's baby would return 28 years later and break the curse, for she would be the savior."

Henry murmured, "My mom, she's the savior that's why she's here."

Spencer shook her head, "Not exactly. Emma did return and she did break the curse, but a greater foe came into play, Peter Pan."

Henry's mouth dropped, "Peter Pan? I thought he was a good guy."

So did I. Spencer bitterly replied, "Not everything is what it seems. It doesn't matter anymore, he's gone. When he was defeated, we were transported back to the Enchanted Forest but something went wrong. We were cursed once again and we've lost all memories of what happened in the past year."

"That still doesn't explain who you are and why you are telling me this."

Spencer sighed, "I'm a Lost Girl and you are the truest believer."

Henry's eyes narrowed, "From Neverland."

Spencer almost told him, about Emma, about her parents, about Peter. Instead, she answered, "Yes, but I didn't know what he was doing. I know how this sounds, but I need your help. You have a heart full of belief of magic, of love, you're special Henry and I need you to help me solve this curse."

Henry nodded his head, "Okay, so what are we going to do?"

Spencer blinked in astonishment, "You believe me?"

Henry grinned, "Well, I do have the heart of the truest believer."

Spencer's lip trembled and Henry's grin fell, "I'm sorry I wasn't-"