Chapter XXIV

Sitting there with their heavy gazes on me makes me feel such a big pressure on my shoulder. I feel like I could be one with the floor if I stay in this room. I get up quickly and run out the door without looking at Fred or George. I go through the corridor and see Fleur standing next to Cedric.

“Analeigh.” Cedric whispers.

He looks as wretched as Fleur. I don’t reply to him because I don’t want anyone to say my name. A name that is slowly transforming into a monstrous sound rather then something personal. It sounds like it could become the answer to a question such as ‘How horrible is this person?’

I push Fleur and Cedric apart and jog towards the door I saw when I got out of my room. I’m faced with elevators. I want to get out of here. I get it and close the door. As the elevator was backing up, Fred and George walked into the room I was about to leave. The last sight I got from both of them was George shaking his head and Fred looking like he was about to cry. I take few steps back until my back meets the wall. I let myself slide down and bring my knees close to me. I force myself to calm but it’s too hard: warm tears are about to fall down my cheeks and my chin wiggles slightly.

“Get your shit together!” I whisper to myself angrily.

The door opens and I get up quickly. I run to the chimneys but, before I can leave this place, Dumbledore is standing in the middle of the hallway.

“My dear…”

“What is wrong with me?” I ask weakly before he can continue.

He walks towards me slowly. Too slowly.

“I’m sorry to tell you that I don’t know. I can provide you help if you need it.” He explains.

“I don’t want your help. Since when have you helped anyone? You’re an old fool who thinks he can do everything he wants.” I say without thinking about it. “You will loose, old man.” I add in a voice that doesn’t sound like mine.

His eyes grow wide and he runs towards me. I get my wand out. He won’t cause anything else. He won’t screw everything. He can’t control me like he controls everyone. I won’t let him do this.

“Expelliarmus.”

My wand flies away from my hand. I look on my right and see Snape. I thought he wanted to help me for a moment but I was wrong.

“Severus…” Dumbledore starts.

Snape glares at him without saying anything. He walks towards me and wraps an arm around my shoulders. Even if I’m mad, I let him. I’m mad but not because of Snape. I let him lead me towards the chimney. When we turn around, the last thing I can see in Dumbledore looking down and walking away.

We are few seconds later in Snape’s personal office. I didn’t know he had one but that’s not important for the moment. He takes a step forward and places his hands on my upper arms.

“Are you okay?” He asks.

I want to reply. I want to know why he would care about me. I don’t have to courage so I just nod even though I’m not okay. He walks to his desk and pushes a chair so I can sit down.

“Do you want me to help you?” He asks.

I look up and see how serious he is.

“You could?”

“You’ll need to trust me.”

For some odd reasons, I trust Snape. I trust him. He nods and pushing my shoulders gently so I can sit down. I feel relaxed. He turns around and checks on his things. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

“Legilimens!”

I feel the burn of a fire, the cut of a sword, the hit of a fist and the weight of a thousand pounds on my shoulder all at once. All I can manage to do is dig my fingers in the seat’s handles and let a scream come out of my mouth. I thought the feeling was the worst part but I was so terribly wrong…