Chapter XII

It’s been few days since the Potion class incident and everything went back to normal. Well, maybe not exactly. I try as hard as possible to keep a certain distance from him. I’m too scared to make him feel woozy again. I also keep thinking about what professor Snape told me.

            “Analeigh, if you want this boy’s good, you should consider leaving him some space from now on.” Snape advices me.

            He talks to me like a child. Like I’m his child. Talking to me so familiarly reminds me of my own dad that tries to give me some sort guidance. Calling me by my first name makes me feel weird.

            “Why should I do so? ... Severus.” I ask as I cross my arms.

            He looks over his shoulder and a small smile creeps on his face.

            “Let me change the sentence then. If you want Your own good, you should consider leaving him some space from now on.” He says.

            “What does that have to do with me? It’s Fred Weasley we’re talking about. In which circumstance is leaving the closest things I have will be for my own good?” I ask, with my voice filled with annoyance.

            I didn’t meet to raise my voice but the way Snape acts makes me wonder what could be wrong with him. He walks towards me. His expression turns sad all of a sudden.

            “Because the more you care, the more you have to loose.” He quietly replies almost like a whisper.

            His voice was breaking and he was almost holding back the pain. Is he mixing his own problems with mine? If I recall, he doesn’t have any sorts of authority on me when it comes to personal like and experiences. I’m getting angry all of a sudden.

            “I’m sorry professor but I have no idea what you are talking about.” I say between my closed teeth.

            I don’t want to scream or anything but he is putting his gigantic nose in my business. He forces a smile and looks down at me.

            “Of course you don’t understand… For now.” He says.

            He’s doing this on purpose or what? He thinks I’m stupid? I don’t want to continue this conversation. I turn my back to him and walk to the door.

            “Analeigh.” He calls out.

            I simply stop and wait. I don’t want him to have the satisfaction of thinking he has some sort of power over me.

            “You can doubt my advices if you want but don’t doubt my experience. I have lived what you might have to live in the future. All I want is to help you.” He explains with a soft and reassuring tone.

            I stand there for a second and think about this. Why would Snape try to help me when I don’t need help? I don’t have any problems nor will I let anything happen for me to be in trouble. Something in his voice makes me wonder if –maybe- I’m mistaken. I walk out without looking back and go nowhere specifically.

            His words affect me now because I start to realize that perhaps he was right. With my small phases of bad temper and my painful dreams, I have affected Fred and George a lot. I need to control myself or else they might think I’m a waste of time or just plain crazy. There is no way I’ll loose them. They are very special to me so I will push my problems aside for them.