15.

Paxton storms over towards the couch, hands tensed up in fists by his side. He starts yelling out angry curse words, but nothing makes any sense.  Out of the whole outburst, the only thing stings my heart is the fact that he had the nerve to call me a selfish, cold-hearted b*tch. Like he can talk!

He takes a few deep breaths before continuing to talk at a pace I can properly understand, "I can't believe you chose him over me. After everything you said about his type, you still take him over me." He says, tears pooling in the corners of his eyes. 

He quickly spins around, walking off towards the corner of the room, sitting down on one of the chairs. 

Regret floods into my system. Why don't I have the strength to just tell him what I feel? To let it all out in one go - to have no regrets, to let no one control me. 

I feel someone shaking my arm. I turn back to Mike, he's got a confused, shocked expression on his face. "You know, he basically just called you a slut. I'm surprised, most girls usually yell and get hell angry at guys who called them those types of those names."

"I'm over caring," I say, grabbing the can of beer off of him and finishing it. Soon enough it's my turn to go back into the closet with the last person in the game. Lilly walks over to me and pulls me up. 

Everything goes dizzy but quickly settles down. She drags me over towards the closet, then pushing me into it. I stumble over my own two feet but manage to crawl to the end and sit down. Since this part is connected the back of the house, it's a lot colder and refreshing. It almost sobers me up.

I don't have to wait that long until the door re opens and someone else walks is forced into the closet with me. I pull the phone out of my pocket and flick the light on. I move it around to see who has been chucked in here with me.

Standing at the door is Paxton with a blank face. I lowly growl under my breath/ I shove my hand into my pocket and dig out my earphones. I shuffle through my music and shove my earphones in my ears. 

Easily getting bored of this song, I continue to flick through the music until he pulls my phone is snatched out of my hands. 

"You're meant to be begging me to kiss you, not listening to your silly phone," he says with a smug look on his face.

"Ew! Why would I want to kiss your infected mouth? Only God knows what you've done with it." I yell out in protest, glaring at him.

He fake gasps, put his hands over his 'aching' heart and pretending my harsh words actually hurt him. "That is so mean! My mouth is not infected, yours might be though." he frowns at me. I laugh at his little snide comment. 

"At least it's been in fewer places than yours. Only God knows what you've picked up from all of those slutty girls you continue to do over and over again." I spit out.

I'm guessing he didn't expect me to say something like that because his whole facial expression goes blank, then to surprise. Though deep down, it would take so much energy and strength to stay angry at someone like him.

We muck around with various comments before everything falls silent once more. I don't dare to say anything else, but he does, "Why do you hate me so much?" He suddenly blurts out. Afraid to look up I keep my gaze locked on the floor. 

When I don't say anything, he goes on to explain his side of the story, then demanding mine. I knew this would come out soon enough. The part where I'd have to tell him where I willingly blew him off so he could join the football team. The parts where I practically decided for him. At least in this confession, I can finally tell him why I actually broke up with him in the first place.

When everything is out and the dust is all settled he places both of his sweaty, but warm hands on either side of my face, pulling it closer to him. "And I would give it all up for you." 

He was no longer the guarded, jerk face Paxton I had been used to seeing in the school halls. But now he was his old self. His sparkling blue eyes were like windows to his soul.

He leans further in. "I'd do anything for you." He whispers, his hot breath running across me cold pink cheeks. Although he had acted like a jerk over the last couple of months, I could really see the real Paxton slowly emerge from his hiding place.

He closed what little space we had in between us and places his soft lips on mine. He moves one of his hands so it cups my face better, the other one circling around my waist. My snake their way around his neck, one combing through his soft wavy hair.

He nibbles on my bottom lip making me moan. He licks my bottom lip asking for entrance, but that's also when the door swings open and Lilly is standing there laughing like a mad man. We quickly pull apart. 

Paxton takes my hand and pulls me up off of the ground. He wraps one arm around my waist and guides me out of the closet. And for the second time tonight everyone is shocked to see the both of us.

I hide my face into Paxton's chest, afraid of the looks others are giving us, afraid of what Mike will say or do.

Someone shakes my arm. I speak up to see a smiling Mike. "Man, I'm sorry I tried to steal her from you." He says, "The captain position on the team is now yours." He announces, handing Paxton a cold beer. 

I look up to see Paxton smiling down at Mike. "Thanks, man, I really appreciate you finally letting me have the job." Mike just shrugs his shoulders and then turns to me.

"I wasn't lying when I said that I really liked you. But I guess you have your heart set on that. I've come to terms now that I'll never have what the both of you possess with each other. I hope the both of you have success in the future." Before he can leave. I reach up and peck his cheek. 

"Thanks for everything," I whisper into his ear. If it hadn't been for him, then Paxton and I might still be at the friend's stage.  So I guess in a way that these past few months have strengthened our relationship.