Drop The Dagger And Lather The Blood On Your Hands

Mary

"What did I tell you Jenna? I told you 'don't drink all those juice boxes Jenna. You'll need to pee at an inconvenient time Jenna'. And what did you do? You drank 16 juice boxes." I hammered on the bathroom door. My cheeks were starting to get hot with panic. We were late for the meet and I wasn't sure we would make it.

A few seconds later, I heard the toilet flush and a tap running. The door was flung open, hitting me forcefully. Pain surged through my nose and into my face. A warm drip of blood trickled from my nose into my mouth. I fell to the ground and heard a crack in my wrist as I tried to catch myself. A yelp escaped my mouth as pain shot up my arm.

"Mary!" Hannah cried out. "Are you okay? do you need help?'

"I'm fine Hannah," I wheeze.

"Your nose!" Jenna shrieked in shock.

I wiped the blood away with the back of my hand. "It's fine," I say bluntly. "Let's go!"

We ran to the tent where the band were. There were only a couple of fans there, and a lot of security. My nose and arm were throbbing with pain. Blood dripped from my nose as I cried out of pain and panic. I was worried we wouldn't make it to the tent. I was worried that I wouldn't have our passes. I was worried that the band would think I'm stupid. Geez, I wasn't even that big of a fan; why was I worried about that? Hannah had insisted on finding some medical staff, but she did let me run to the band so the passes wouldn't have been a waste of money. Jenna seemed flustered and was trying to calm me, telling me to tilt my head back to stop the bleeding.

We looked over at the band. Gerard looked up. His eyes went wide when he saw us. He jumped up and yelled, "Somebody, get this girl some towels and ice!" He jogged towards us and put his hands firmly on my shoulders. I looked into his eyes and saw a look of concern, his brow creased in a frown. He spoke in a hushed voice. The sound was calming and sweet. "Are you okay? What happened? Did you trip? Is it just your nose?"

Jenna chimed in. "It was my fault. I was in the bathroom and she was waiting and I opened the door too quick and it hit her in the face and she fell and I think she hurt her wrist." She sounds frantic and slightly guilty.

"You hurt your wrist?" he asked gently. I nodded slowly. "May I have a look?"

I nodded again and held out my arm. He held it carefully in one hand while touching my wrist with the other. I winced as pain shot up my arm. "Oh! I'm sorry! Sorry, sorry." He apologised

"No, no it's fine." I tried to assure him.

Someone with a first aid kit came hurrying over and began tending to my nose and arm. Gerard took a step back and turned to Jenna, who was sobbing quietly. He hugged her tightly and rubbed her back. She calmed down a bit then. He spoke quietly to her, but I heard him saying things like, "shh it's not your fault. It'll be okay. She seems like a strong girl, it's going to be okay." Jenna stopped crying and hugged him quickly. He started signing the things she'd brought with her in her backpack.

A few minutes later I was driven away. They had decided that there was something seriously wrong with my arm. I had told them that it hurt badly, they felt it and said "it could be broken darling. We'd best go to the hospital to get it checked." Gerard's eyes went wide. Jenna was busy talking to the other guys.

"I'm coming too," Gerard said plainly, but his eyes looked worried and concerned. Everybody else decided to come along too. We all piled into a van and we drove off. I sat between Frank and Ray, who asked me questions the whole way.

"How old are you?"

"How do you feel?"

"You from Jersey?"

"Is your arm okay?"

I answered mostly with nods and grunts. Frank had his arm around me the whole way and Mikey kept giving my concerned, sympathetic glances. They were being so unexpectedly kind. A band might call you an ambulance, but very few would actually drive you to a hospital in one of their vans, hugging you and comforting you. They were winning me over more and more with every minute.

Jenna was probably pretty jealous. She was sat between Mikey and Gerard. Mikey patted her shoulder every now and then. She was always a big fan of them. She was the whole reason we came. She's the reason I ever heard of them. This was meant to be for her. They were supposed to be paying more attention to her. But I just had to get hurt. I felt so bad for her.

______________________________

Hello everyone! What a terrible story this is! I write such short chapters all the time and they're never very good. I mean, how stupid and unrealistic is this?! NO BAND WOULD EVER HAVE TIME TO DO THAT!

Well, even if I don't like it, maybe you do. I hope so. Maybe it'll get better with time.

I've started drinking a lot of coffee. May the good lord help me. I drink like 3 cups a day wtf.

I HOPE YA'LL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

-Peta