It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A F***ing Death Wish

Three sharp knocks at the door rattled me from my daze. I leapt up to answer.

Standing before me stood my sister, pale makeup covering her face, red powder around her eyes. She wore a tight leather jacket, black skinny jeans and black doc martens. There was a huge grin painted across her face. Seeing her so happy made me smile a little.

"Ready to go Jenna?" I said with a smile.

"You bet your ass I am!"

Our mum, who was standing behind her, slapped her on the arm.

"You two have fun," she called, as Jenna and I climbed into my tiny, shitty, car.

"We will!" Jenna squealed through the open window.

"Christ Jenna, sit down. Do you have a goddamn death wish?"

Jenna pouted and I returned my attention to the road. I reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a random CD.

"YES!" Jenna shrieked when she saw the cover. It just so happened to be the debut album of the band we were going to see. My Chemical Romance. I sighed and inserted the disk.

To be honest, I bought the CD to see if they were any good. The first time I heard it, I wasn't sure. I liked bands like Nirvana and Pink Floyd and Queen. I found My Chemical Romance to yell more than I liked and the singer seems to slur his words a little bit. But alas, Jenna was obsessed with them, so I couldn't escape. And honestly, they've started to grow on me.

"Ok Mary, on a scale of one to 'I'm-going-to-poop', how excited are you?"

"4" I replied.

"Party pooper," Jenna mumbled.

"I don't actually have to drive you to this concert Jenna Louise Peters. You could walk," I reminded her. That shut her up.

I do love my sister. But, she's 15 and I'm 22, so we're bound to argue.

Let me clear some things up. Mum and dad agreed to buy Jenna tickets to this album launch concert and meet and greet if I took her. Since I'm 22, I live on my own. I didn't really have a choice, because as I said, I do love my sister, and I do want her to be happy. Anyway, My Chemical Romance aren't as bad as I first thought.

__________________________

How'd ya like that? I hope you thought it was good, if kind of short. I actually don't have wifi as I write this so I'll probably (hopefully!) have a couple more chapters by the time I publish this!

Since this is my first story it would be AMAZING to get some support. Share it, rate it, fan it, anything would be greatly appreciated.

Love and hugs

-Peta