Chapter 11

I got out my keys as Jason and I walked down the path to the front door. Just as I inserted the key into the door, it flew open, making me jump.

"April, Jason, where have you been?" asked Kane from the other side of the door. "Derek came home twenty minutes ago with Mason right behind him."

Okay, that was an exaggeration, it would have only been about five minutes.

Kane continued talking, "I asked what was up and neither of them would speak to me. Jason, you and Mason never split up especially when you're going somewhere, why was he way in front of you guys? What happened? I was worried, not to mention I have to leave in five minutes, and April I need you to watch Jacob, just make sure he doesn't run off or something. Okay i need to leave now have something cooked for dinner!" Called Kane as he exited the house and started jogging down to the bus stop with his backpack on his back.

"Okay then," said Jason as he turned around and headed into the corridor.

I followed him inside and we made our way into the kitchen, where I looked in the fridge and Jason looked in the cupboard.

"I got marshmallows?" As soon as these words left Jason's mouth, the fridge was slammed shut and I had already taken the bag filled with marshmallows from his hands. They aren't my favourite food, but I still love them too much to not eat them.

"Hey, I found them," called Jason as I ran out of the kitchen and up the flight of stairs. I could hear Jason's feet pounding on the stairs behind me. If I stopped for five seconds he would catch me.

I ran straight down the hall and up the stairs to my attic bedroom, turning around to start pulling up the stairs. using the rope, I manage to have it halfway up when Jason appears.

"Oh no you don't," he reaches up and grabbed onto the bottom of the stairs as I squealed when I realised what he was doing. He lifted his feet off the ground.

Unable to hold the weight of not just the stairs but also Jason, my hands slip and I lose grip of the rope making the stairs fall back down to the ground, with Jason barely escaping injury.

Both of us sat there with a blank look on our face before I snapped back to reality and after realising Jason wasn't hurt, I quickly pulled the stairs up, before Jason could realise and stop me.

I leaned against the wall, glad to have once again bested one of my brothers. Remembering that I have the marshmallows, I get up from my spot on the floor and sat on my bed with my legs crossed.

I opened the packet when I heard a knock on the door.

Well, floor, whatever.

"APRIL! GIVE ME THE MARSHMALLOWS!" Shouted Jason from downstairs.

Doesn't he realise he can just pull the stairs down?

"NO!"

"What are you bloody well shouting about?" Called a different voice. It was Derek.

"SHE TOOK THE MARSHMALLOWS"

"NOT MY FAULT IM BETTER THAN YOU"

"YEAH IT I- wait, YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ME"

"I BEG TO DIFFER"

"SHUT UP YOU IDIOTS" Called a third voice, Mason to be exact.

"YOU CAN'T STOP ME!" I yelled back while inserting a marshmallow into my mouth.

Derek finally spoke again, but I did not appreciate what he said.

"Jason, you do realise that you can just pull down the string and the stairs come down."

"No you cant," he retaliated, idiot.

"Yes you can," replied Mason. There was silence for a couple of seconds before I heard the stairs going down and footsteps coming up.

"Oh" dumbass.