7

Ashton's P.O.V.

After Sophia was okay I headed into my room to wait for dinner to be ready. After a long day being around people, I just really needed to be alone.

I turned on my stereo and just blasted whatever cd was in there. I laid down on my bed staring at the ceiling. I felt a buzz from my back pocket, indicating I had a text message.

Michael: Hey Ashton! The guys and I are heading out to the movies. Wanna come?

I didn't feel like going, even if I did I knew my mom wouldn't let me. So I just texted Michael back saying I couldn't go.

I flipped through my contacts and landed on Everly's. There was just something about her that had me extremely intrigued. I don't know if it was her shy demeanor, or simply cause she didn't know she was beautiful.

From what Michael told me she hasn't had a boyfriend, that normally it's her friend who gets all the guys, including himself and Calum. I had questioned them why was that and they just said that guys tend to look past her, or they only think of her as a friend. It really is a shame she's wasted here, guys back home would be all over her.

I texted her a simple message and waited for her reply, if she would even reply.

Less than five minutes later I had a reply from her:

Everly: Hi!

I felt myself smile so big. Idiot. I texted her back.

I didn't realize how long I was texting her for, until Spencer came knocking on my door telling me dinner was ready. I looked at the time: 6:15. We were texting for a little over two hours.

I sent Everly a goodbye text, then headed downstairs for dinner.

"Hey Ash. What's with the gigantic smile?" I hadn't noticed how big I was smiling, until my Dad pointed it out.

"Oh nothing." I said clearing my throat, forcing myself to make a straight face.

"Uh huh sure." He said putting some food onto his plate. I sat down next to Spencer and began to fill my plate with mom's dinner.

"So tell me kids, how was your first day of school?" my Dad asked while helping Spencer pour his drink.

"It was so much fun!" Spencer yelled practically, jumping out of his seat.

"That's great to hear Spence." He chuckled at Spencer's reaction. "How bout you Ashton? Sophia?"

I looked over at Sophia, who was staring at her hands on her lap.

"It was good." I answered him, "I met a lot of cool people."

"Yeah. Is one of them to blame for that huge smile you had earlier." He teased.

"Patrick." My mom playfully scowled at my father.

"What? With that smile he must've met a girl." He continued, "So what's her name?"

"There's no girl." I lied.

"Good." My mom said sitting down with a plate filled with food, "You don't need a girlfriend right now. You have to focus on school."

I rolled my eyes and just shoved a spoonful of mashed potatoes in my mouth, hoping they'll drop the subject.

"Sure." My dad said seeing right through my lie, but leaving the conversation where it was. We continued to eat dinner, while my father and mother discussed how our family was doing back home.

"May I be excused?" I was the first to be done with dinner.

"Yes. Wash off your dishes." My dad excused me.

"Ashton." My mom called to me. "Don't forget to take your medicine."

"I won't." I rolled my eyes, as if it's impossible for me to forget with her always reminding me. I quickly washed off my dirty dishes, and bolted for my room.

Once Ashton was in his room, he opened the top drawer of his nightstand. There was a few bottles of prescription pills, but he was looking for one in particular. He found the orange bottle and opened to pour two pills in his hand, he swallowed the pills dry like he's done a million times.

He grabbed his copy of Jane Eyre from his desk and laid down on his bed. He opened the book, might as well try and catch up with Everly.

-----------------

I don't know how to feel about this update...eh

I just realized I switched the writing style in the last two paragraphs(I wrote that waiting for my brother to get out of school) I didn't bother changing it. Sorry if it bothers you!

Thanks for reading :)

*cough*Alexis*cough*