Chapter 10: Don't judge a book by its cover

Lisa's POV

I will never forget that day. That day I experienced the most horrible thing ever and almost died. I still can't believe it was him who hit me by car. I can't believe how could I love him in the past. But whatever, I am still alive thanks to my brave sister and girlfriend at the same time, Lauren Cimorelli. Now, I am feeling much better and stronger, recovering from my injuries and I finally got back from hospital after two weeks but I still can't walk because my leg is weakened and I can't eat so much because also my stomach isn't in its full condition yet. Now, I am going through my neighbourhood, enjoying wonderful weather, breathing fresh air and Lauren is pushing my wheelchair. I couldn't get more blessed, this girl is really a gift from God.

"Wanna feel some excitement? I can come with you downhill." When I agreed, Lauren started running down the small hill, pushing my wheelchair with all her strenght as she reached her running top speed. I started screaming from that adrenaline. I hold tight my chair, to make sure I wouldn't fall out of it and my hair started flying in the air. WIG SNATCHED LOL jk

"Lauren, this is so cool! Being with you is so fun! Wohooo!" I continued yelling but stopped when this little activity ended. Then I finally decided to step out. I carefully got out of my chair, stood up but the pain won't let me to move.

"Baby, sit down! You are still weak, you shouldn't strain yourself!"

"But I can't spend my whole life on this boring wheelchair. I am a fighter and I never give up. I must try, even though it hurts." I stood up and finally started walking step by step, followed by Lauren, ready to catch me if I fall. 

"You are doing it Lise, you are walking again! I am so proud of you!" Lauren hugged me. I just always feel so safe in her embrace.

"See, it isn't that difficult. It hurts but I must withstand my pain. It won't bring me down." 

"But now, it is enough of walking for today. You can walk so now, sit back on the wheelchair. We are going back home." 

Lauren's POV

I am so proud of the progress and little steps which ones Lisa makes. I knew it, she is a fighter, she can withstand anything. Such a strong woman no...an iron lady! We were almost home when someone started shouting and calling my name. 

"Lauren? Do you hear that? Someone is calling on you!" Lisa could hear still so well despite of her accident.

"Yeah, I heard it. You better go home, I will deal with this. I wanna keep you safe, obey me honey, I will be okay." Lisa nodded and left me alone with that person. When I saw her, my eyes widened. It was my childhood best friend, Angela Malek.

"Angela?? What are you doing in Nashville and what do you want from me?"

"I don't even deserve a greeting from you? What about saying hello to your former best friend at first, you dumbass?"

"How did you just call me?!"

"A dumbass. That's what you truly are."

"Excuse me? Now, after all of these years of our beautiful friendship, you are calling me like that?" 

"I am sorry Lauren but I regret that I was even your friend."

"Why? What did I do to you? I was always by your side, ready to lent you my helping hand everytime you needed it. It's not my fault that we moved to Nashville."

"Maybe that was a mistake. You clinged to me so much because you had no friends that time. But it wasn't right, you gave me an opportunity to know everything about you and after all, I hate you and your personality. You became annoyed for me, so that's why I ended our friendship and I am glad that you moved away from me."

"I became annoyed for you and you hate me? Hate me, I don't frickin care about your opinions! So, if you are glad that I moved, why did you come here and wanted to speak with me?"

"I- uhmm. My parents are here with me, my dad had some meeting in Nashville, so they told me to visit your family and to have a little talk with you."

"So now, I know the truth. So that's how the talk was supposed to look...like this? You are hurting my feelings, Angela."

"No Lauren. I am just saying the truth and the truth is...you are one stupid girl who can't even talk with someone properly, you can't even fight and stand for yourself and after all, you are still so pampered!"

"But Angela, it's not my fault that I am afraid to meet new people and start new conversations! It's called a flippin introvercy, so just please deal with it that I will never become a super outgoing person. I am working on my change but you can't completely change something with which you were born."

"Say whatever you want! You are nothing, just a awkward weirdo!"

"What is weird with being quiet? After all, I don't wanna catch attention everywhere and I don't talk gibberish!"

"Oh really? You are so precious, I didn't know introverts can be better than extroverts. You have such a nice qualities, don't you?"

"Who said I am better than you? Can you just leave me alone, I am getting bored of your silly talks, Angela! We are done!"

"Not exactly. Fight for yourself, darling." Angela grabbed me by my shirt and she was about to punch me straight into my face when I started screaming of the top of my lungs. She immediately covered my mouth with her hands but to my luck, it was enough to hear for my dad. Dad barged outside and started yelling on Angela.

"Leave my daughter alone or I will call the cops! We are all done with you, Angela!" He kicked her leg and she finally let me go.

"Wasn't it said loud enough! Go and run away if you don't wanna be hurt or have problems with us!" She finally left us alone, our little argument caught attention of all of my sisters and brothers. They all came outside, even Lisa on the wheelchair. 

"What happened here? Who was it, Lauren?" Lisa asked as first, you could tell who cared about me the most.

"It was Angela, she kept making fun of my personality and then even wanted to hurt me!"

"She is so coldhearted, I wasn't expecting her to be like that!" Dani added.

"What she said to you?" Mom wanted to know.

"She told me that I am weird because I don't like speaking."

"Being introverted is not weird at all! Extroverts are definitely more annoying and less helpful, wise and compassionate! You are a real example of a nice person! Don't be sad about this! Just stupid people can hate somebody! I love all your flaws endlessly, Lauren. Never change, I love you just the way you are." Lisa tried to calm me down.

"How did I deserve such a caring person as you are? I don't deserve your love, I don't deserve you Lisa."

"Of course you deserve me and all of my love. Stop saying nonsenses. You are the most precious bean and my everything. All I care about, is you Lauren. I will always love and protect you at all costs."

"You are my reason for living. I love you Lise."

"I love you too Lauren, forever."