Chapter 7

8/16/2014

Cookie: Look folks! Chapter 7! O_O Le Gasp! lol

Pic is Juston Gaston, playing Shay (or use whatever guy you want, eh)

YouTube link is one of my fav songs from Big Bang, a Korean band. It's titled "Monster"*sighs* I adore them all! Listen to it! Look up the lyrics...stare at them cause they're all hot. Teehee

READ/COMMENT/VOTE/GIMME COOKIES!

(unedited as freakin usual)

****

Staring up at Channing's face, watching his white teeth elongate into fangs, I felt like I had stepped into another dimension where nothing made sense. Like up was down and down was up.  It was all so surreal.

      My very human instincts told me to fucking run and with Channing's thick arms wrapped so strongly around me, my fight or flight instinct was going haywire. There was a click in my brain screaming that I was going to die, killed by this monster holding me. Then there was another side, one telling me that the monster who held me so protectively in his arms was Channing, and Channing would do nothing to hurt me.

      The others around us were frozen into place, the menacing growls and snarls coming out of Channing's mouth keeping them cautious and at bay. I was trying not to freak, trying to keep my erratically beating heart from just bursting out of my chest because shit, I was scared. All this time they've been telling me that they were werewolves but my brain wouldn't, couldn't, wrap around that. Werewolves weren't suppose to be real. So what was holding me?

      "Whoa," I heard Heather whisper from somewhere. I still couldn't take my eyes off of Channing's face. "I've never seen him do that before."

     "W-what?" I stuttered, trying to focus on Heather's voice as a lifeline.

    "Channing's never had control of his werewolf form, or even his Retriever shifter form." Heather's voice was still barely above a whisper, like she was trying not to startle this outraged Channing. "The only time it shows itself is during a full moon but even then he's not in control. He's never done a full shift."

      "That's because he's not right," Channing's father growled. "He'll never be right."

      Channing's dog ears, the golden ones only I can apparently see but was good at ignoring, flattened back. His snarls intensified and I slowly turned my head to look at his father. "Hey, fucklard, try not to say things that would get us killed, yeah?"

      "Yeah, Uncle Roy," Heather said to Channing's father, "you really don't wanna antagonize Channing right now." In that, we were at an agreement. The big guy looked like he was about to snap.

      "Calm him."

      My eyes landed on Jones, the Alpha of these werewolves. "What?"

     Jones' cool green eyes never left Channing but his words were definitely directed at me. "Calm him. You're his mate."

      "He'll listen to you better than he'd listen to us," Heather clarified. She stood a couple of steps back from us.

      I rolled my eyes. "Oh, gee, thanks. Now you guys wanna play the mate card when earlier you didn't give a shit." Typical. Of course they were going to make the human do all the hard work, who'd likely die in the process.

     "Either you do it," Jones said, "or we'll take him down."

     I froze, hearing the absolute threat in those words. When he said take 'him down', he obviously meant that Channing's chance of survival was ziltch. I studied the other men, noting how their bulky bodies were tense and ready to spring into action. None of them looked like Channing, however. Fangs didn't appear and neither did claws and I had to wonder why.