Chapter 9 - Toxic

Chapter 9

Phil's POV

September 29th 2009

Three weeks until Dan was here! Holy crap! The night he told me I didn't believe him. I thought he was pulling a prank on me and trying to get my hopes up. It wasn't until he rung his friend and got him to tell me over the phone that it actually sunk in that he wasn't lying to me. I was actually going to meet the person who made me the happiest I have ever been! It felt a bit like a dream; this whole thing! I felt as though I was going to go to bed tonight and wake up in reality as sad twenty year old Phil stuck in a dead end job at WHSmith with chocolate oranges being lobbed at my head. Right now I was walking on air.

Since the first mention of the day Dan and I have not stopped planning. Dan was due to get the 11:30am train from Kings Cross, it was a two and a bit hour journey so this would be the time I would leave the house so I knew I would get to Manchester, definitely in time for Dan. Rossendale may only be a forty minute drive but I wasn't taking any chances. We decided not meeting in the station itself as it wasn't exactly a private, beautiful surrounding. Instead we had decided to choose the Starbucks that was about a ten minute walk away as it was a lot smaller, a lot more private and allowed us to talk and hug as much as we wanted without people staring and bumping into us whilst rushing for a train.

My heart raced just thinking about it. I would finally be able to meet my best friend. I don't think Dan even knew how much he meant to me now. Within the last four months we'd known each other, my life has only improved. There has been no monster pulling me into the darkness of failure; only angels singing and welcoming me into a world of happiness. Dan had changed me in a way that I could never thank him enough for. Before speaking to him I was disappointed in everything I had done, including my YouTube channel. I felt as though I was never putting enough effort into it; that I never really cared. But now, because of that crappy channel I had met Dan and I felt I had to bring that channel up to the same amount of brilliance he was. Within these last few weeks I have put so much effort into my channel. Videos were going up regularly and so many new people were subscribing, all because a boy with a similar haircut to mine decided I was interesting enough to talk to.

Now that I had my degree from university I was allowed to put up my final piece on my YouTube. Obviously the video was already edited and colour corrected, it was all a case now of actually uploading it and making it public.

The only issue is; I'm not sure if I want to. This video is so different compared to stuff I had done. On AmazingPhil I was 'cute' and 'innocent', the guy who had a stuffed lion toy as a friend and didn't swear; but this video showed the complete opposite of that. I'm not saying I looked good or sexy in it, but I definitely didn't look cute and innocent. My mind was juggling between the two choices. I placed my head in my hands and internally groaned. Why was this so difficult? I was proud of the video and wanted to share it! Why did it matter that it wasn't my usual style? It didn't was the answer to that; but my brain was still indecisive.

A sudden flash of genius flowed through my head as my phone lit up with the arrival of a text off Dan. I hastily opened my phone to read the message;

Dan: PHIIIILLLL!!! I'm booooorrrreeeedddd! Talk to meeee!!! I need entertainment!

I laughed and shook my head, sometimes he was such a child.

Me: Ok, My computer's turned on so Skype away!

Within thirty seconds of sending the message Dan's icon appeared showing me he was calling. I quickly turned to the mirror opposite me to check my hair. I pushed my fringe out of my eyes and ruffled it a bit before turning to face the screen and answering the call.