Selena Potter

That night, that fateful night, Dumbledore captured Harry Potter.

While, no, he didn't kill the small 2 week old baby girl in the crib, he did leave her in a forest. Dumbledore had planned years ago to corrupt Tom Riddles mind to make him kill the Potters, thankfully he did just that. The plan, however, had to be altered to fit in the 2 week old baby.

The babe was left in the forest with nothing but a thin onesie, certainly she would die quickly,Dumbledore thought to himself as he left her.

What he didn't know, was that she would live. As the baby cried near silent tears, the soul of the forest reached out for her. Branches from the trees leaned down and wrapped around the babe in an attempt to keep her warm. The branches moved her to the forest centre, where a small clearing and a lake resided, and called for the inhabitants to assist it. Rabbits, Wolfs, Hounds, Bears and snakes came, along with more magical creatures like unicorns, chimeras, young dragons, fairy's and elves. (LOTR/ Hobbit style)

As they stood around, carefully watching this human child the forest sought worthy enough to save, they wondered what was so special about this human. It was a weak, barely born, defenceless being.

"My children..." The Forest spoke to the creatures. They listened intently, not used to hearing the forest talk.

"This child of humanity......is not entirely human at all...." now this was curious, the creatures thought, a human but non-human?

"Children I present to you...... the last Nature Lord!" As if all at one, the creatures moved closer to the child, all wanting to see the legendary child, the last Nature Lord to be born by human beings.

"Children, this babe, this beautiful creature, has been abandoned by those who consider her their kind, left to die from cold. Too much a coward to kill a child"

The forest creatures reacted to that, mostly by growling.

"Can we raise her? Protect her as our own?" An older elf asked, not wanting her to be harmed.

"I believe we should, she is, after all, one of nature, and therefore, one of us" the creatures were happy. They had a baby Nature Lord to raise. Sure the years ahead would be difficult, but it would be worth it. For a Nature Lord had been brought to them!

Even the smallest of creatures knew about the Nature Lords gift, a Nature Lord, often a very shy and submissive creature, would have gifts of every creature born of nature, dark or light. Their very emotions swayed the way of the nature, if she was happy, plants and flowers would bloom, the sky would be brighter and there would be barely any clouds. If she was sad, it would rain, the sky would be full of gloom. Scared and anger though, that was personal to the Nature Lord, each were different. They would have to keep and eye on it.

Mystified by the reveal of the last Nature Lord, the creatures all vowed to protect her for the years to come.

*************************************************
Five years later

A young 'human' girl, sat next to a small lake inside an isolated forest. This young child of nature, so ignorant of the trials she would face in the future, played with the forest creatures, ran with the mystical and learned from the rare and divine. Learned the ways of old from the oldest creatures, though still had never met one of her kind. The 2 legged beings, the multicoloured beings, the unfaithful, for they betray their own kind, the forgetful, for they have forgotten the old ways, the human beings, a creature our little Nature Lord has yet to meet or understand.

That is, until a sudden burst of blinding light filled the area....

Thank you to those who have already voted despite the shortness of the first chapter!

Those of you who have read The Princes Doll, probably know what the light is but this should be interesting none the less.