Chapter Twelve

Tonight kept replaying itself over and over again in my head as I lay beside a sleeping Alex. I glanced over at the clock... Four AM. We'd have to get up in an hour, but I still couldn't sleep. Had I really agreed to go on tour with him? I hadn't wanted to let him bail me out, but I was going to anyway. I had to. What other choice did I have? He'd been right about that. Once we'd gotten back to his parents house - who were already asleep, thank god. I was at least spared that embarrassment - Alex had made some calls and an hour or so later, it was official. I was going on tour with All Time Low. My sister was going to freak, I thought, smiling to myself. I felt nervous butterflies fluttering in my stomach as I thought about what was going to happen. I mean, we've been together for just over four months. Is moving into a cramped bus with Alex and at least six other people really the best move for our relationship? This isn't exactly a common problem. Adam had had his fair share of dating/relationship issues, but I don't recall this ever popping up. What would my friends even think of this? Then again, wasn't it them who forced me into going to Vegas for my birthday, causing me to meet Alex? They were the ones who said I didn't do enough crazy, reckless things. Is this crazy and reckless enough for you guys? I feel so bad, thinking about how much I'd protested about not wanting to take Alex's money and now, here I was, doing it anyway. I guess it's not quite the same thing, but... Ugh. I wish I could just shut my brain off for tonight. I close my eyes and press my forehead into Alex's chest.

A second later, his alarm is screaming at us to get up. I blink a few times as I feel him getting out of bed.

"Maria? You can sleep in a little while I shower, 'kay?"

"Mmmph!" I reply, already trying to get back to sleep. I just can't, though. I feel so sick because of my nerves of what I was about to do today. I'd travelled some of America before, but I'd never left the country. In just a few hours, I'd be boarding a plane to Britain. This is so crazy.

Eighteen hours later and we touch down in London. I was in London. With my boyfriend. And his band. What is my life? After we go through security and leave the airport, I get to see All Time Low's tour bus. My new home. It's bigger than I expected, I guess. But still, it was tiny. Bigger than my apartment, but only I lived there with my sister staying over occasionally. There would be ten of us living in this tour bus. I had no idea how that was possible, until Alex took my hand and led me onboard. He was used to the layout of a tour bus, clearly, the way he navigated it so easily. It was much bigger on the inside than it looked on the outside. See, Maria? Never judge a book by its cover. There is a tiny living room area, an even smaller kitchen, a shower and a toilet (inside what I originally assumed was a closet) and then, towards the back of the bus were the bunks. There were two sets of bunk beds on each wall, with only a curtain for privacy. Alex throws our luggage on the furthest, bottom bunk on the left hand side.

"It's not a good idea to sleep on a top bunk if you're new to this... You'll just keep falling out. I learned the hard way," he tells me. The beds are tiny too, with probably only just enough room for the two of us. I smiled at him, too tired to respond. Suddenly, I can hear the rest of the guys rushing through the bus, yelling over the top of each other, already fighting over the bunks. Zack secures the bunk above ours, throwing his bags inside, before hoisting himself up. Rian gets the bottom bunk across from ours. Matt (a member of ATL's crew, whom I'd only just met today, along with the rest of the crew. I'd remembered their names, but I couldn't for the life of me remember their actual jobs) got the bunk above Rian's. Danny got the top bunk in front of ours and Vinny got the bottom bunk. Matt (Flyzick) got the bunk across from Vinny and Evan got the bunk above Matt's. Jack was just left standing in the doorway, pouting and holding his luggage.

"Where am I supposed to sleep?" he asks.

"You can share with Rian," Zack says as Rian violently shakes his head.

"Not again. He's kicky,"

"But Ri-ri!" Jack cries, pouting even more than before. "I loves you!" he finishes, batting his eyelashes at him. Rian rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"No!"

"Okay then," Rian replies, smiling with satisfaction.

"That's not how that's supposed to work!" Jack protests.

"Ugh! Fine. Look, Rian, swap with me and I'll share with Jack," Zack says, getting down from the top bunk. Rian gets his stuff and stands up. As Zack passes Jack, Jack whispers so everybody can hear;

"I sleep naked, you know,"

"Not any more, you don't," Zack says, gently shoving him out of the way. Once the sleeping arrangements are sorted, the guys look around contentedly.

"Drinks, then?" Vinny asks. Everyone gets up, heading towards the tiny living room. I grab Alex's hand before he can leave.

"I'm gonna go for a shower, first? Okay?" I say, smiling at him. I feel so gross - I'm not used to this much travelling.

"Sure, baby," he says, smiling back at me and kissing me softly. Butterflies are fluttering in my tummy once again, thanks to him. I'm in London. With my boyfriend. I still can't quite believe it.

The water in the shower is a lot warmer than I've been used to in a while. It's so relaxing and I once I'm dressed again and out of the tiny box of a bathroom, I feel so much better and much more relaxed about this entire situation. I'd never left America before. This was going to be amazing. I just kind of knew it.

[A/N: I'm so sorry it's been so long! I'm hoping to start updating more regularly now :) Thank you to everyone who reads this story, or my others. I'm so grateful to you all and it really means a lot to me]