sept: our rules

LUNA
Every few weeks or so, Luna would pick up her little sister, Nicola, at whichever equestrian training center she was practicing at for the day, and she'd take Nicky out for lunch. Luna loved hearing Nicky's stories about how cutthroat the world of competitive horseback riding was, and Nicky loved hearing about her older sister's glamorous adventures (and getting a free lunch out of it).

Today, however, was the last day Luna wanted to be at the training center. Her head was pounding with a hangover, the consequences of last night, and she was literally sitting on the edge of her seat as she thought about her discussion with Antoine the night before in his car.

The thought of dating her nemesis made the hangover ten times more vile than it actually was, and Luna hated knowing Antoine had the pleasure of Luna agreeing to his plan – she knew she'd never live that down, ever.

Luna's eyes were fixed on Nicky and her horse, Bowie, but her mind was scattered all over the place. It didn't help that the people at the training center kept sneaking glances at her every so often. Growing up in the spotlight, she was used to a few stares, but it didn't feel so good knowing that they probably knew about her tipsy row with the paparazzi.

Two short buzzes in Luna's back pocket pulled her out of her stupor. She pried her eyes away from Nicky and Bowie, and pulled her thin phone out from the back of her jeans. Luna glanced at the screen and as if on cue, rolled her eyes – GRIEZMANN was the caller ID flashing on the screen.

Luna stared at the phone screen, silently debating on whether or not she should pick up the phone or just let it ring until he eventually gave up. Before Luna could make a decision, Antoine had hung up the phone. Shrugging, Luna moved to pocket the phone when it started vibrating again.

"Damn it, Griezmann," Luna scowled before answering the call hastily. "What do you want?" she asked flatly.

"Well, that's no way to talk to your boyfriend, is it?" Antoine taunted, and Luna swore she could see the smirk on his stupid face as he said it. The word boyfriend made Luna retch and she gripped the end of her t-shirt tightly, feeling her blood start to boil under her skin.

"Shut up, you're not my boyfriend." Luna said through grit teeth.

"Really? Do you really not remember, or are you just acting like you weren't asking me to be just that last night in my car?"

This time, Antoine made no effort to try and hide his laughter or the mischievousness in his voice. Luna's hand instinctively shot up to her temple and she started massaging it as her head started throbbing harder.

"Alright, I'm hanging up. Call me never," Luna spat.

Just before she could press the red end call button, she heard Antoine scream out a blur of waits.

"What do you want? I don't have all day, Griezmann," Luna snapped quietly as she watched Nicky lead her horse to the stables. "Make it quick, or I'm really going to hang up."

Antoine made a little noise that sounded like he was going to say something, but decided to take it back – good choice, Luna thought.

"I thought maybe we should talk about this thing. We're gonna have to, you know." Antoine suggested.

Luna sighed loudly into the phone, making sure Antoine could hear the exasperation in her voice. She deliberately took her time trying to think of something to say, just so she could make Antoine wait. "Do we really have to?" she dragged out. A small smile tugged at Luna's lips as she heard Antoine's breaths get heavier on the other end – she was getting on his nerves.