Chapter 3 - Dan and Pam Mate

~~~ Arrive back home

Maric helped get people situated in the various vehicles. He rather wished Dan had told him about the extra people, so they had room-barely. As he was helping a scent waived past his nose which caught his attention, but he couldn't place it. There were too many other competing scents from the crowds of people, engine exhaust, jet fuel, and many others. With a shake of his head he finally climbed into the car with Dan and part of his menagerie. Before he could fire it up one of the two little Kitsunes hopped onto his shoulder and looked out the front window.

Amarish had hopped on the man's shoulder so he could see out and he liked the feel of the man. He felt solid and dependable though there were traces of sadness. Just for good measure he gently nuzzled Maric's ear, "I's just want to see out if you don't mind Sir." His sister was curled up in Dan's lap relaxing.

Maric twitched away from the nuzzle and had to laugh, "Your whiskers tickle so none of that while I'm driving. If you want to sit there feel free." He reached one hand up and stroked the boy's ears before starting the car up and pulling away, "So anything I need to know before we make it home?" He could sense some annoyance and amusement over the pack bonds.

Dan snorted, "To be honest I'm not sure where to start. It was very eye opening to say the least." He scratched his beard for a moment as he considered how he was going to respond, "I'm only going to hit the high points for the moment and tomorrow I will catch everyone up and deal with the Kitsunes. First, hold your shorts for this one, I'm not sure what I am anymore. When Pam was supposed to be inducted into the clan we discovered she has Red Kitsune blood in her. He made an appearance and she is now a Red Kitsune and we, the entire pack, have been ordered to his estates before the next moon." He grinned over his shoulder when Pam snorted.

"I'm no longer completely a lycan since I now appear to have some of the powers of a Kitsune and a mid-form with ears and three tails. I have a black, red, and silver tail and Pam is much the same. Arthur was turned into a Kitsune and he and Helda are discussing mating and she is going to set up shop as a seamstress in town at some point. Amariah and Amarish have been assigned to Pam and me since we are senior Kitsunes though beyond that I'm not sure why." He held his fingers up and sort of mentally checked off the high points, "Well that is the quickie list. Tomorrow when I hold a meeting with my staff I will give you more information. Oh, one more thing, Nara is tentatively a second mate for me. The spirits graced her with more children of mine, so she will get the respect she is due."

Maric didn't bother looking at Dan and settled for a sigh, "I have to say since you allowed me to join the pack my life has gotten interesting. So how are Sylvia and Paulo?" He had been getting updates, but something was being kept back from him.

Dan smiled, "They are doing well though they have asked to remain with the Silver Kitsune Clan. I think this is more for Sylvia's sake. I will be honest with you; I don't think she will be able to rejoin a wolf pack for many years. The mental trauma is too deep. Before we go south to the Red Kitsune clan I'm going to make a visit and resolve that issue. I assume you would like to come along?"

Maric couldn't help it when he started the deep lycan growl of anger and his eyes changed slightly, "Damn straight on that and as long as she is content and safe is all I can wish for her." He felt the little Kitsune change and wrap his arms around Maric's neck and gave him a good hug.

"I's go with and hold Clan Lord's coat." After one last squeeze he changed back and rested his head on Maric's shoulder.

Maric couldn't help but relax and smile at the boy, "It will be up to Dan, but I can't help but want to take some popcorn and a beer and watch while he cleans the old boy up." There was a bit of a vicious tone to his voice.