Chapter 10 - Leon finds his mate

~~~ Others arrive

Right as Dan and Pam walked into the throne room three portals opened. From one Alysson and her menagerie came through and Maric didn't even blink before he took over and called a number of the local wolves for help. The majority of the Kitsunes were going to be housed in barracks for the moment. He had a number available due to the troops they had discharged. What was going to stink was they were the worst of the batch. There simply hadn't been time to get them renovated with everything else going on.

Dan moved forward and gave Alysson a slight bow, "Welcome Clan Leader though I wish I had more time before you arrived. I'm going to apologize up front since we weren't expecting a sudden influx of people and the living spaces are limited right now. For the next couple of days, a number of your people will need to be housed in barracks. I will have Lady Marissa talk to whoever is needed to get work done on them." He led her off towards Xipil and handed her off to Pam for further introductions.

Her brother followed her, and Dan had to wonder why he was looking so irritated. He must have been in the middle of something when the call came for them to come south. While he was mulling that over the next group of Kitsunes came through and they were from his country. He repeated the same speech before leading the senior Kitsunes over to the throne as well.

The last portal felt different than the others but not evil. As he tested it he almost smiled since it had a great deal of Shamanistic magic incorporated. The first person through was the mother of Nara which almost made him growl. When her pig-headed mate didn't follow he relaxed some as well. After the same greeting he walked over to her and offered her his elbow, "Once we get everyone settled and introductions over I will have you escorted to your daughter's quarters. If I had known you were coming I would have requested her presence. She is doing well and assuming you received the missive her mate is General Maric who is with my mate."

She gave him a polite smile when he came over and tucked one hand in his elbow, "Thank you Lord Danilo and I have a feeling she is probably sleeping. She should be close to delivery and I know I tended to sleep a great deal towards the end." Since he hadn't mentioned her former mate she didn't either, "I have to admit I'm rather concerned as to why we were commanded down here but I have a great deal of patience." Once at the throne she moved over and greeted Pam and started talking to the others gathered there.

Dan had to wonder what it was about the spirit animals and supernatural beings in this world. It honestly seemed that there were more female leaders than male. It didn't bother him since he didn't care what set of reproductive organs you had as long as you could lead. After several minutes of contacting various wolves and Kitsunes things were starting to get organized. Mari had organized the pack working for her to go and clean the barracks from top to bottom.

When the Imperial Mouse squad marched past he almost snickered. Amarish and Kasai were at the front and following them were the pups they were somewhat in charge of. Behind them were the new Kitsune kits though they were more of a herd than in a mostly neat formation.

As they marched past Dan could sense all the Kitsune currently in the throne room staring at them. The moment the last one vanished all the eyes turned to him and Alysson spoke, "Dan what the heck did you do with Amarish and just who was that four-tailed spirit Kitsune?"

Pam and Xipil couldn't help but snicker at her expression. Dan settled for an amused grin and his tails were waving around in amusement as well, "Well as you know Amarish took on the role of hunting mices at the pack house, right? Well since this place is so much bigger he organized pups from both packs and he is now in charge of the Imperial Mouse Squad. He is doing a very good job of keeping the rodent problem down."