Chapter one

A/N Hey everyone this is my first wattpad story.

I really hope you like it and support me throughout this story. Sorry if it's short but it's kind of like the intro so please bear with me. Sowee for the grammatical errors too. :)

≈≈≈

<<< Kahlanne's POV >>>

"This can't be happening to me" I said to myself as I slumped into the couch with my cell phone in my hand. I just finished talking to my mum on the phone and I'm wishing she never called. She can't just drop this bombshell on me and expect me to accept it like it was something normal.

You're probably wondering who I am and what I'm talking about. Well, my name is Kahlanne Victoria Anderson. I'll be eighteen years old in a few weeks. I have wavy brown hair that reaches past my shoulders, brown eyes, a not too pointy nose and soft pinks lips that most girls will kill for.

I five feet, six inches tall and my body is slim but not very.

I live with my Aunt Betty in London. My parents live in America but I live in London because my mum prefers British education. My parents are rich. My dad is a big shot lawyer and my mum is a the CEO of an advertising agency in the USA. I'm their only child so you can imagine how overprotective they are over me. Not that I mind but sometimes it's just too much.

I have two bestfriends, Bessie and Drew. Drew is also my boyfriend. After many months, we were able to admit our feelings to each other but in my opinion Bessie was the mastermind behind our getting together. I love them so much but that's not what we're talking about right now.

My mother called me to tell me about an agreement signed between them and the Johnsons years ago.

The agreement states that on my twenty-third birthday I will be getting married to the son of Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. His name is Jerome. That's all I know about him and that he's coming to stay here in London for six months so we can get to know each. The most not so fascinating part is that he's arriving here in a few hours. Just count on my mother to give you important news at the last minute.

I really someone to talk to.

Bessie was on vacation in Africa so I didn't want to disturb her. Drew, well Drew. He's my boyfriend, how am I supposed to tell him this. I cant keep it from him. Sooner or later, he'll find out so why not sooner. I sent him a text telling him to meet me at the coffee shop down the street, then I changed into something comfortable, grabbed my phone and left for the coffee shop.

<<< Drew's POV >>>

When I got to the coffee shop, Kahlanne was not there yet.I sat at a table waiting for her. A few minutes later, I saw her coming my way.She looked really pretty in a black and white summer dress and black ballet flats.She smiled when she saw me but the smile didn't reach her eyes.

Something must be wrong.

She sat down and didn't say anything. For about five minutes we didn't say anything to each other. I couldn't take it any more so I decided to break the silence.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I'm getting married"

"You're what?"

"I said I'm getting married. My parents arranged a marriage for me many years ago and they finally decided to tell me now."

"Who is he?"

"I don't know him, only that he's called Jerome Johnson. He's also coming to stay with us for six months starting from today" she said sadly.

I was dumbfounded. Before I could speak again, her cell phone rang. She finished speaking to whoever was on the line and looked at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry, I have to go" she said and left the coffee shop.

I can't believe this. Just when I was thinking that nothing could happen to our relationship, this comes up.That Jerome guy better watch out because I'm not letting him take my girl that easily.

≈≈≈

A/N So is it okay? Should I continue writing it or should forget about it?

Please tell me what you think by commenting.

Thank you

- cindy