Spirits of the tribe (ch2)

Chapter 2

     My head felt light as I waited for the coyotes to finish me off. I was just a helpless young wolf. I saw the blood drip from my white muzzle to my ginger, grey coat. Then realized the coyotes were not attacking me anymore. I looked up in disbelief to see my owners running after the beasts screaming and tossing thin decretive spears to pierce the victims.

   Two coyotes where hit almost at the same time and collapsed to the gowned yelping. The others took off in a flash. The people came running down to finish the two coyotes life’s. They pushed the growling dogs to the ground and each took out a knife. They spoke with their eyes shut and said something to the spirits before they sliced the necks of the coyotes. Finely it was silent.

   I was still badly hurt so I let off a yelp to turn the people in my direction.  They ran over yelling “Eara!”

 My owners had tears in their eyes when they shouted my name but they somehow forced a smile for me. As soon as I saw the water coming from the eyes of Bidzziil’s owner I knew something bad had happened to my older brother. I tried to call him but herd nothing in reply. Then I forced to limp over towards the people bending down, the pain in my body was dreadful . I squeezed through a small bush blocking my view of Bidziil.

  I then forced myself to run over to see him. My big brother had a torn up leg and a slow heart beat.  His eyes were shut and I could scent near death approaching. I saw my owners looking down at me with more water streaming down their eyes than ever before. I knew this was the end of my big brothers life.

   I got closer to him and tried to nip him to wake up. He didn’t budge. I then groomed the blood off of his dark grey coat with my dry rough tong and sat beside him until his time came to enter the world of the spirits. There was nothing I could do to save him. My older brother was dying right under my paws. I did what I could to awake him but nothing happened.  His breathing then came to a stop and my brother’s life was dull and had faded away.

  I looked over sadder than ever, to see where the humans went and saw that three had left. I smelt there scent disappear back from the way they came in the forest. Although Kachina stayed to comfort me and send Bidziil into the graceful spirit world where he would stay and look upon the tribe. It was a religious thing, are tribe did when one loved one passed. It was a sad day for me and the owners that had taken care of us since birth. Kachina was the young female who loved and cared for me and Bidziil her whole life.

  “Bidziil” she whispered in his now rested lifeless body.

 Kachina then fell on her knees and sobbed. Although it only lasted a few moments you could tell she was hurt by the death of her first born pet. She then sat up and gave Bidziil a good bye kiss on his forehead before she got up to leave. I stayed with Bidziil until sun down. Chayton,  Bidziils other owner came to say his good byes at the time of sunset.

  It started to darken so I decided it was time to also say my final good byes to my brother who I loved so very much. Then with one kiss on his head, I tuned to face a new world without Bidziil, my beloved brother in it…