Chapter 15

I walked down the marketing department and soon was met with James. "Mr. Parker" I called. He looked at me and smiled. It was one of the genuine smiles i got rarely these days.

"Oh don't be so formal Rose I am just James to everyone who works with me. " He said and I nodded. I loved this environment better rather than the cold office of Ezra.

"Mr. Olyphant requested the reports on Star international." James called someone and told her to bring the required file. "So we all go for lunch at nearby cafe would you like to join us perhaps?" he asked.

I remember Ezra's word again you are just there for file not to know James. Do hell with it. "I would love to." I said. "Great then meet us at the lobby at one" I nodded taking the file thanking the girl as I left.

Maybe I can actually work here and make some friends may be find someone worth my time. I knocked at the glass doors again. "Come in" He said with a little husky voice. Don't tell me I have suddenly aroused him by any means. "Here is the file of the Star international as you requested Sir" He took it and said.

"Now that you are here book a table at Traver's for lunch at one no late under my name" He said. Oh maybe he is booking it for us. "And Call Miss Gina Ramirez to inform about the same." He said. I didn't let my expression betray anything as he looked at my face intently.

"Anything else Sir?" i asked. "no you may go now" He said dismissing me.

I was told to go to a small cabin next to him. It was beautiful maybe I can decorate it my way or maybe this cold hearted brute will not ever going to like it. I booked the table under his name and then called miss Ranirez who was quite surprise to get my call. "Thank you hun for informing are you the new PA?" She asked.

"Yes I am mam just a temporary PA though I am just an Intern" I said softly. "Good then I will see you next time I am there to meet Ezra." She said. "that will be very kind of you mam" I said as she cut the call.

I filed the documents in the filed cabinet shorting them and tried not to think about anything but the task at hand. I can always move out of there and break off the engagement. Now that I have served my purpose in his life and my mother's house is safe ... My phone beeped and I picked it up.

"Hello Olyphant Industries I am Mr. Olyphant's PA speaking." I said. "Hey It's me James I thought i remind you of our lunch arrangement we are all going down in five" He said. "I will be down" I said softly hanging up. I walked out of my Cabin and knocked at his Door.

"Sir you have your reservation in ten minutes and I have informed Miss Ramirez about your Lunch arrangement" I said.

He looked up and nodded. "I can be a little late miss Adams so get any messages that comes for me." I nodded with a yes sir. He walked beside me his hand accidentally touching mine and my breath hitched but I maintained a stone cold neutral face.

He walked to his private elevator. "Come inside You must be famished too" he said. Now you remember about your not so charming bed warmer.

"I will take the elevator next to it Sir remember no special treatments" I said as the door closed. I walked into the elevator next to his private one. I shrugged my shoulders in order to calm myself down.

I pressed the ground floor option and waited for it to take me down. Form there the other employs with James joined me too. He chuckled "quite the right time Huh senorita?" he asked. I smiled too.

We walked out of the lift to join the others on the floor. We are almost nine people including James's team and me. I felt like I fit here because they are just like me not pf luxury and commoners. Only James is so good looking I doubt he is single. "So this is first time for Miss Rose Adams and we need to welcome her into our group. As a tradition we will buy her Lunch today" James announced .

"Oh no you don't have to" I protested. "Come on Rosa we did it for everyone. And it is the proper way of welcoming a new charming member into our group." James made me blush. He laughed at me expression and turn more redder.

"So what will madam wants to eat today?" James asked. "I don't know what is good here?" I asked. "You should try their wraps they are simply divine" The girl whom I know now called Neil said. She was the one who helped me with the file.

"No no just have their pulled pork sandwich." Another guy named Henry said. Then they started to argue about what should I eat. "How about I try everything each day one new thing?" I asked and they all nodded.

We are in a alley now lead to a huge open space and it have a food truck there own by a cute Filipino couple. They are very friendly and said I can also create my own kind of dish if I want to they insist that we try to invent new recipe too. But that was limited only to us. Not to everyone.

We enjoyed and we fooled around the lunch time and the wraps which was lattice wrap with meat and flavored with different kind of sauce which have a bite to it. I love them.

Neil was right they are heaven. And I don't minded getting my hands dirty. I loved company I always have and I think we all are going to be good friends now on. At the end we exchanged the numbers.

We walked inside and I said bye to everyone and walked inside my lonely cabin which was not so lonely anymore because sitting on it was the Lucifer himself. "So you are back miss Adams." He said getting up and pulling me to him.

I was afraid now what is going on with him didn't he said he will be late then why was he here? And why is he holding my hand this way I don't understand him at all.

Word Count: 1105 words