Chapter 2

A little bit of evil 

Chapter 2 

" So, basically... We're being watched for... As long as it takes to find him !" I smiled slightly pumped, pacing around the room, " But I still wonder, aren't they just going to slit our throats without us looking as soon as they're done?"

Dan got up from his seat beside Reece on the couch, running a hand through his hair. " That's most likely what's going to happen yes. So we'll just have to watch them too. Or we could kill them off and blame it on Demetri... " He smirked, his expression dropping when he saw I didn't like his idea. At all. Demetri's in enough trouble as it is, it seems...

" I like Dan's idea !" Reece cheered, " Now where are they ?" 

" If you guys even dare ... I will murder you both." Warning them away from the idea, I knew I was not letting that happen.

" That's unfair on Roxie... " He murmured, awkwardly standing there. Realising that he should just walk out, he did. Very quickly. Way to make Dan grumpy again, like he usually was. Well he would get grumpy when people mentioned mates because he was seriously deprived of his guy time since Stevie hasn't been around. I cuddled up to him, trying to form a more comforting centance.

" Don't worry, I'll murder Reece for you." Well, that's my standard of comforting... But I couldn't actually do that, he's Reece for god's sake. " When he's no longer needed. . . "

" It's fine Jazz. " 

He stared at me, anger still burning in the dark black iris of his eyes. He always got this way, no matter how much time, he got angry at the voicing of mates or seeing them. It seemed that he could only calm down after crying, which I'd seen a lot of.

Having only the strength to keep eye contact a second longer, I felt my stomach twist uncomfortably,  Dan was the one person who could scare me nowadays. It seemed unlikely at first when I told myself this, but it's true. He's scary, strong, and I was close to him, so it made the possibility of him doing something to hurt me more likely. 

That sort of power over a person was dangerous. It could drive one insane. Like it drove me mad with worry, I was always clinging onto him with everything I had, he was my safety, my strength, half of my life now. I loved him like family, and since I'd pretty much spent the majority of my life fighting alongside him when we would search for a team... Well, I became more attached.

I liked the idea of having someone to hold onto, to care for, to mother even. I feel really weird now, at first sure, I didn't mind not being capable of having kids, especially not with anyone apart from Demetri, but he wasn't available. Until now. 

Yet then still stood my problem, I can't physically have a child, it only took five hundred years for me to realise this actually, it's upsetting. My whole body feels useless now. Especially since everyone else has kids, all I have is Jasper, who looks and acts older than me. 

Obviously acting like a baby gives me a substitute, because I've come to be lazy recently and act useless too. I was comfortable with having an incapability. Nor was their a point in this so far. I just wanted to find Demetri and punch him, kiss him. . . Just see that he's fine. 

It's been a whole month since anyone's seen him, so he's either dead or hiding. Please stay hidden. . . Stay safe . . . Biting my lip, I turned back to Dan who noticed me turn and looked expectantly at my question.

" Dan, am I ... Childish? " Just curious now.

" Not exactly, you rely on me too much. Children are usually happy though, you are definitely not happy. "

" Well neither are you ... " I frowned, prodding his arm to get him to realise that it wasn't going to be counted as an excuse for me. Dan sighed and went to say something, when a knock sounded on the front door. 

So, being the being I was, I raced other and kicked Reece out of the way, laughing at his startled expression. He knew it would happen to him, so I pulled the door open and gasped. This was very unexpected. I jumped up and down, squealing in excitement, and soon had myself attached to the person at the door. Who laughed at my display of affection and hugged me back. 

Man, I missed this guy so so so much !

I bet Dan did too.