Two.

Yellow is a favorite color. Not theirs, definitely, but somebody's, and they believe it's beautiful for that. Nobody bothers asking theirs though.
Sunflowers are a bright yellow, where they've seen them, but they know from the eyes of others that sunflowers go from one yellow to the next as grounds grow colder. Sunshine yellow becomes the yellow of a jaundiced corpse.

Blue is a favorite color. Not theirs, definitely, but somebody's, and they believe it's beautiful for that. They enjoy blue quite a bit.
Blue is a pale thing, their blue is a sky that has just enough clouds to look questionable. As the seasons change, that pale blue turned inevitably to the black-blue surrealist vision of the frozen hand or foot of someone who believed themself stronger than the forces of Nature.

Red is a favorite color. Crimson and octane and maroon and cardinal and scarlet and strawberry red, all present in their life. The passion of these reds could signal anything from a spark of inspiration to a commemoration of desperation, and through all their eyes they see at once the red of fire, of fast cars, of white men, of gentle blush, of newroses, of poppy fields, of carnations, of adrenaline, of biology, of racists, of extremism, of radicalism, of blood shed by others to others and by one from itself. Red is their favorite color.

This is the realization they faced. This was the first example of something they would call the Rule of Three. This rule would become one of the governing forces of their life.

Their life has been an interesting experience. Who's life is it, when you get to the basics of what a life is. If a life is simply the experience of one's surroundings, is a life an individual possession like your socks and shoes, or is it the concept of a sock and shoe? Is life quantitative?

Their life, they decided, was only their perspective of their life, because they were not the only one who experienced their life. They are part of the composite whole, one piece of a great system that was forever. They are a focal point through which others see things that others cannot see themselves.