4 ❙ LINA VS. LUNA

"Soooooo

"Soooooo... you fixed the bag and-"

"And her books never fell, like I manipulated what happened because I saw the bad version of it," Lina explained for the 10th time to Mimi.

"Did it look real?" Mimi asked, her mouth hasn't closed since she started listening to Lina talk.

"Yes, I told you it happened twice and it looked too real, and all the stuff that happened were exactly the same as I saw it,"

"You're a Jump?" a voice behind them asked, making Mimi and Lina jump backwards, scared.

A girl in the common room with long, blond hair and large misty eyes peeked up from her magazine, which she was reading upside down on the sofa. They didn't notice she was there, let alone listening to their conversation.

"Pardon?" Lina asked her.

"A Jump," she repeated, "my Daddy has told me about them, he wrote an article about it. They randomly see seconds into the future, like they are given the choice to leave what they saw as is or change it before it happens," she said in a calm voice.

"So.. like a seer?" Mimi asked.

"Seers can look into the future at their own will, Jumps have no choice, I can show you the article if you'd like!" the girl responded.

"Why is it random?" Lina asked quickly, determined for more answers.

The girl shrugged with an odd smile, "He said something about Jumps having demiguise blood, he has a demiguise sculpture at our home.. he made it himself you know..."

Mimi stared at her, very confused.

"What's your name?" Lina asked her.

"Luna. Luna Lovegood. My father is the editor of the Quibbler," she answered.

"Quibbler? No wonder she-" Mimi started but Lina silenced her with a look.

Lina chuckled at how similar their names were.

"I'm going to go to bed to try this sleeping technique my daddy wrote about here, if you want to read it," she handed them the magazine, and out of politeness they took it from her.

The Three Step Lucid Dream Process

1) Count the number of insects you've seen that day. If you do not count during the day, or count incorrectly, this will not work.

2) Think of those insects while you drift to sleep, (Dead insects count, if you see a jar of lacewing flies, count each one).

3) Close your eyes tightly and enjoy the complete and utter control of your dreams

"Wow.. I'll be sure to try it," Mimi said, trying very hard not to laugh.

"Maybe another night, I forgot to uh- count the beetles today," Lina told her apologetically.

"Oh okay, good night," she said with a smile.

When the Lovegoo girl was in her dorm, Mimi spoke, "Did she ever ask our names,"

"Nope," Lina replied, "Anyway, the Jump thing, it sounded real, you think it's real? I mean I feel like I should tell Dumbledo-"

"NO," Mimi yelled, causing Lina to jump back, "He'll send you to St. Mungos for sure,"

"What if he can help...control it or something," Lina explained to her.

"They'll put you in the Prophet, 'Crazy delusional Hogwarts student can see into future, Ministry decides how to punish her,'l

"Too far, Michelle, too far." Lina said with a frown, but trying to hold in a laugh.

"Do not call me by my full name, Selina," Mimi warned her.

"You know, Lina is my full name, but Selina isn't bad.."

"That's your name from now on, so I don't confuse you with that Luna girl," Mimi said with a grin.

"Selina: The Hogwarts Jump," Lina announced.

"You think Jumps are real? I can do a search in the library if you want," Mimi asked.

"I'll go with you. I'm very afraid of it, trust me. I just get so used to anxiety that I know how to control it," Lina said with a forced smile.