Chapter Forty-Three

"What are we gonna do with this evidence." Meredith asks. We've been sitting in silence on Scarlett's couch for 10 minutes now. "I don't think we should tell anyone." I say quietly.

"Are you crazy? Why wouldn't we tell someone?!" Scarlett asks loudly. "Be quiet. We don't wanna wake your parents." Meredith says to Scarlett. "I just think we should get strong evidence that this is my father, and we need to figure out the motive for the killings." I say.

"I think I know the motive for killing your mom based on the letter you showed us. He was obviously pissed that she kept y'all from him." Scarlett says. "But that doesn't explain why he killed anyone else. I think he killed Haley because she figured out he was the killer, but why would he kill his own daughter?" Meredith asks.

"Umm... Jasmine wasn't his daughter. My mom cheated on my dad and got pregnant by the other man. Jasmines father lives in California where I used to." I tell them. "So he killed her because she just reminded him that his ex-wife was a cheater." Scarlett says.

"I think so, but that still leaves the other deaths a mystery." I say. "Maybe he didn't want it to be obvious that the killing was targeted at your family. So he killed the others to make it harder to stop him." Meredith says.

"That sounds right! I think we've figured it out, we just have to get proof that it really is my father." I say. "What are you suggesting?" Scarlett asks.

"I think we should either go back to his house and get pictures of him, or we should try and find the pictures Haley took." I say. "I think it's more safe to look for the pictures Haley took." Meredith says. "We'll do that tomorrow." I say.

So Meredith and I go home.

I go into my moms room and grab a photo album from her shelf. I see multiple pictures of her before she had any kids. She looked so beautiful, I can see why my father loved her.

But as I think about all the stuff I've learned I've realized something, my mother is a completely different person than I thought she was.

I always thought she was faithful, but she cheated on my dad. I always thought she was a nice person, but she pushed my dad away and kept him from his children. And I always thought she loved us, but I've come to learn that the only person she loved was herself.

She did what was best for her not for her children, and that makes me angry. I can see why my father got angry with her, I don't think he should have killed anyone, but I see where he's coming from now.

When I'm going to set the album down a photo falls out of the back. It's of me and my father. It's at my 7th birthday party, I'm on my dad's shoulders as he stands tall so I could get my balloon from the room. I remember this party but I don't remember my dad being there. I don't remember this moment at all.

Which is weird because now that I see this picture I can recall every detail of that day. I remember the smell of my dad's axe cologne, the smell of my moms Chanel perfume, and I remember the way Conners hair was a mess because he was playing around with Jasmine. I can recall every single face of the friends I had there, and I can even taste the vanilla cake in my mouth.

I take the picture to my room with me and set it on my bedside table.

I lay in bed for hours trying to sleep, but no dreams come to me. I just think about my father and about that birthday party. How could I just forget him, how could I not remember my own dad.

These feelings are just going to make it so much harder to do what has to be done. I know what I'm planning is crazy but it's the only way I can get closure. For the rest of the night I just lay in bed, thinking of a way to do my plan.

Thinking of a way to kill my father.