Chapter 79

Harry's POV

I step out of the shower and can see into my bedroom that Grace must not be here yet. She's running late. That's fine. I dry off and throw a white T-shirt and gray shorts on. No reason to get dressed up until after we get the pumpkins done.

I walk upstairs and see Billie sitting on the couch staring out the window, a sure sign Lizzie and the girls are gone getting the pizza. She barks twice. Probably squirrels or Grace's cat PJ.

"Hey Billie! You want some food?" I reach under the sink for her dog food. She hears the sound and comes running. I fill the bowl halfway and she practically knocks it out of my hand trying to get to it.

I grab the newspaper and start laying it out on the floor. Just as I grab the pumpkin and set it down, I hear someone knock at the door.

"Come on in, Grace." I say, grabbing the other pumpkin and putting it next to the first one.

"Hey." Grace walks into the kitchen. Holy shit, what is she wearing.

"Nice outfit. What are you again?" I sit back and really look at her. She's wearing a mini skirt, a neon green baggy sweater, some kind of fingerless lace gloves, and weird bunched up socks. Her hair is huge! Lots of hairspray is keeping it in place, has to be. No one's hair could do that by itself. She has bright pink lipstick and big hoop earrings. So fucking hot, in a weird way.

"Like, I'm totally 80's! Do you like it? My mom helped me put it together."

"Come over here." I need her on me, now.

She walks over next to me. I grab her wrist and pull her down into my lap.

"You really look good. Really." I say running my hand up her leg. This skirt is perfect.

"Thanks. Where are the girls?"

"Lizzie took them to pick up pizza. I want to tell you something and I don't want you freaking, which because I said that, now you are." Yes, the look on her face is worry.

"What is it?" She repositions herself so she can look me straight on.

"I've gotten a few weird texts. They started early this week when we were both home sick."

"Who are they from, and what do you mean, weird?" Grace asks.

"Well that's the thing, I have no idea. The number keeps changing and it's never anyone's name. They say shit like, back off or else, calling me names, but never saying what to back off from. I texted back asking who it was but they didn't say. I guess that was obvious, they're trying to be anonymous, so why would they tell me who they are."

"I don't like that, Harry. Do you have any guesses who it is?" Grace gets up off my lap and sits down beside me.

"At first I thought maybe Kodi, only because of the way he was at the party with me, Grace, but I know it's not him because I got one today at lunch, you know when we were with him." I take the big knife and position it on the pumpkin.

"Any requests, or should I surprise you?" I give her a creepy smile to go along with my murderous pose over the pumpkin.

"Surprise me. What about Bitcherson? She wants us apart, maybe she's trying to scare you."

"Have you gotten any texts?" I plunge the blade into the top of the pumpkin, cutting around the stem.

"No nothing."

"I don't know, I just wanted you to know. If you get any, or really anything weird happens, I want you to tell me. I also don't want you going anywhere by yourself." I pull up the top of the pumpkin, stringy guts and seeds coming with it.