This Is War

Captain America: The First Avenger - Chapter Seven: "This is War"

DIANA AND STEVE trotted across the dark woods only minutes after they had landed

DIANA AND STEVE trotted across the dark woods only minutes after they had landed. They both only came to an abrupt stop when Diana  spotted the Hydra base entrance.

Steve's head snapped around as he heared trucks. Immediately, he grabbed Diana's arm and dragged her down to the ground in a squatting position.

They silently nod to one another, in silent agreement, and broke off to chase after the last truck in the line. They simultaneously jumped in and looked up to see two Hydra men.

"Fellas." Steve greeted humorously.

They jumped out of their spots and rushed the capture the man and woman.

While Steve dealt with the man on the left, Diana easily took out the one on the right. She then whipped out her lasso and wrapped it around the unconscious soldiers leg, yanking him out the back of the truck. Steve, at the same moment, had kicked out the other man.

"Nice." He smiled appreciatively, finally happy to see her in full action. In all honesty, Steve felt his heart race every time he saw like this: strong, powerful.

She never ceased to amaze him.

The two sat patiently as they waited for the truck to come to a stop.

Diana didn't dare say a word, but my head was rushing with thoughts. She understood that Steve was enhanced— more powerful, durable. But it didn't make him invincible. She could've rescued Bucky herself, but what would that make her, shoving Steve off to the side? He was eager to fight, and she wanted desperately for him to know why war wasn't something to hope for. Then again, she was a hypocrite. Because the fight was the only time she truly felt alive. That and—

Steve nudged her arm as the truck halted, breaking Diana from her thoughts.

She then stood, coming to stand behind Steve as he waited with his shield for someone to check the truck. When someone finally opened up the flap, Steve charged forward, knocking the man back and unconscious.

He then hopped out and turned back to grab Diana's hand and help her out as well.

He was well aware that she could do it without any help whatsoever, but that didn't change the fact that Steve was a gentlemen and the action was a force of habit.

They both snuck through the base and into the large factory. Steve knocked out the man guarding the door and they both tip-toed in and stole a blue cartridge that Diana whispered for Steve to take.