c. fourteen

[ hello everyone! sorry for the delay, school started and i had zero inspiration for this chapter. thanks for reading and voting still!

I WANT TO HUG AND KISS ALL OF YOU BECAUSE THIS STORY HAS 2,000 VOTES AND I'M STILL CONFUSED WHY THAT IS BUT T H A N K  Y O U !

the first part of the chapter seems rushed, but it slows down, i promise. :)

sorry for any grammatical mistakes. this was not edited very well and they'll be fixed later. (: ]

-x-

The day of the date had already started out as a disaster.

Niall woke up to no Harry, which wasn't a surprise because Harry had explained he would be leaving early to set up the date, and on Harry's side of the bed was a note. Niall groaned, not even bothering with it. He'd have to scold Harry later for writing something when he obviously knew he couldn't read.

It wasn't until Niall had rolled over that he realized it was two in the afternoon and therefore very behind the schedule Harry had discussed with him last night.

He jumped out of bed and raced out of the room before quickly returning to grab the new phone Harry had bought for him and checking if he had any messages.

And of course, there was six missed calls from Harry. Great.

He left the room once again before running into a maid who immediately took in his rushed look and grabbed his wrist, guiding him downstairs to the stylist on the couch.

"Did you oversleep?" The woman with the strange accent asked, a smile on her thin lips. She beckoned Niall to come closer before examining him closely, making him blush in insecurity. "We have our work cut out for us, so come. We need to hurry."

After getting his hair styled (which would usually be done by Harry, but he wanted it to look extra good for tonight), Josh arrived with the suit Niall was going to wear.

The world clearly was against Niall today, because as Josh walked into the house he tripped over the hair stylist and landed in a big glob of gel and Niall's hair, getting the suit extremely dirty.

There was no back-up suit. There was no way to clean the suit in the thirty minutes Niall had before Harry would pick him up. Not only was the hair stylist screaming at Josh in some foreign language in anger and pain, but everyone had gathered around to see the scene.

Niall had no idea what to do.

So he ran upstairs and locked himself in Harry's bedroom (Harry told him to stop calling it that because it was technically Niall's as well), wondering how he was going to fix this mess.

When Harry picked Niall up, Niall had expected Harry to be upset with him for not wearing a suit as fancy as Harry's. He expected Harry to tell him that he had written down a back-up plan in the note or something like that.

But instead, he was greeted with a huge dimpled smile and a hand reaching to hold his.

"You look amazing," Harry whispered, biting his lip as he looked at Niall, causing the blonde boy to fidget nervously under Harry's gaze.

Niall didn't think he looked absolutely amazing. He was wearing what Josh had suggested, a white shirt with a semi-fancy jacket thrown over and loose black pants (well, the loosest pants he could find in Harry's dresser). Compared to Harry, who had an amazing black suit on, he felt like he didn't look good at all.

"Y-you don't have to say that. I'm sorry I couldn't wear the suit. It got all messy and I really wanted to because I know you wanted me to. I'm sorry, I can go change into something better. I just--"