The Birth of a Dead Hero

The screen flicked to life, showing a scene shot from a camera standing on a tripod in a house. The image portrayed two people, a big, bulky man with black hair and blue eyes wearing an orange jumpsuit, and a small girl with striking red hair like her mother and blue eyes like her father. The mother of the child entered in to the camera's view. Pure excitement shone in her violet eyes.

"Jack, we finally did it!" She exclaimed.

"Did what, Mads? Did we finish the blueprints for the ghost portal?" The bulky man, now known as Jack, responded. The viewers could clearly see the confusion in his eyes.

"No dear, I'm pregnant!" She revealed, before turning to her daughter. "You're going to have a baby brother!"

"Really mommy?" The young child asked. She had wanted a sibling for a while. It got lonely when her parents were down working in their extremely cool secret lab in their basement. Jack was the first to get up, moving closer to his wife before giving her the biggest hug possible. Their daughter soon joined them.

"Yes, Jasmine, yes."

***

"We are here today to celebrate the life of Daniel James Fenton."

***

The screen changed to a hospital room. The young woman from the last video was laying in a bed, pain written all over her features. This scene was shot by an amateur, with a standard handheld camera.

"He's almost out! Keep pushing!"

The woman was in deep pain, but she did as the doctors instructed her to. Finally, it all finished and they got to hold their baby boy.

"Welcome to the world, Danny."

***

"Whose life was tragically cut short due to an extremely unfortunate accident."

***

Once again, the screen started showing  something new. It was an edited video, showing the life of a black haired boy with blue eyes.

A boy discovering space.

***

"He may have been a slight troublemaker, but he had a kind soul in him. He was always so brave and strong, helping others and taking punishments to relieve other people's burdens. He was and still is my pride and joy. His legacy will live on forever."

***

A boy telling everyone he knew that he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up.

***

"His grades in school matched his effort, which was remarkable. He definitely would have been able to get in to a NASA program. I couldn't have asked for a better student."

***

A boy with his mom saying he can be whatever he wants to be.

***

"He always was ambitious, saying he would be an astronaut when he grew up. Who knows, perhaps he's dancing among the stars as we speak. I couldn't have asked for a better son."

***

A boy playing with his genius sister.

***

"He was a wonderful brother and friend. He was my support system, my other half. We told each other everything. We were practically inseparable."

***

A boy going to school and making his first best friend, Tucker Foley.

***

"Becoming his friend was the best thing that happened to me. I felt like I belonged. He might of even saved my life."

***

A boy finding a crying girl trying to rebel against her parents.

***

"He was more than a friend to me. I didn't realize it until it was too late, but I loved him. He helped me find who I am, he picked me up off the ground. He healed me that day when he found me crying in the shadows on the playground. He taught me that there is good in this world. I have no doubt that he would have done so much for the Earth."

***

A boy getting his first crush.

***

"I hardly knew him, but even now I regret that. I always disregarded him, not deeming him worthy enough to even speak to. If only I knew that was my biggest mistake."

***

A boy showing his friends his parent's cool lab, saying how jealous his classmates will be when they hear he has a portal to another dimension in his basement.

***

"Like Paulina, I never really talked to him in a friendly manner. I don't like it now, but I would take my anger out on him. Looking back, I wish I didn't do that to such a great guy."

***

A boy growing up, enjoying life to it's fullest before it was snatched right out of his hands.

***

"To Danny!" Everybody shouted at once, throwing one arm up in the air. At this, most people got up, and some left. People of all different ages and social groups mingled and interacted, with the exception of two people.

"It's all my fault," Sam started, looking over to Tucker. "If only I hadn't convinced him to go in that stupid portal, he'd still be standing here today!"

Tucker opened his mouth to reassure Sam that, no, it was not her fault, when he felt a presence. It seemed that Sam didn't notice it, for she kept rambling on.

***

Danny Fenton floated invisibly over his friends. He was dead. He learned that when he woke up to a swirling green sky, with an inverted jumpsuit. Upon further inspection of himself, his hair also inverted and his eyes became a bright acid green.

He was what his parents despised the most, a ghost. He still found his way back, despite the threat of getting destroyed and examined on. He knew he had a reason, a purpose. He just needed to find it.

"I just wish we could have saved him," he heard his friend say.

Unbeknownst to Sam and Tucker, Danny put a huge grin on his face.

He knew just what to do.

***

"Can you tell us your name, or at least what to call you?" The news crew had finally caught up with mysterious ghost that was seemingly protecting the town. For weeks now, this ghost with snow white hair and glowing green eyes baffled the town. Even the local ghost experts, the Fentons, didn't know who this ghost was.

"Call me Phantom. Danny Phantom."

****
Oh boy oh boy I'm here with another oneshot! It's like 2:00 am where I am but I needed to write this before I lost inspiration. How was this? I will say, it went through many formatting changes before I finally settled on what you see. Anyways, I have so many unfinished drafts and ideas for this book, so hopefully there will be more soon!

Sasha,
OUT!

Bonus points if you can figure out who said which speeches in the order of their appearance!

Date published: November 21st, 2018