Chapter Five

"Well that was a total bust," Pansy said grouchily as she waited for Draco to show up for lunch.

"It's only lunchtime Pans. Would it make you feel better if we can have them run into each other later and watch what happens?"

"Ooo I like that train of thought, Blaise! You trail the trio and tell me when they're in the library or the courtyard or something, and I'll find a way to get Draco out to bump into them."

That place turned out to be one of the main corridors, Pansy, Blaise and Draco all walking one way and the trio walking opposite. When they passed each other, Draco rammed his shoulder into Harry's.

"Watch it, Malfoy!" Potter growled.

"Perhaps if you weren't so clumsy, Potter, you could've avoided getting bumped into," Draco said matter-of-factly. Pansy caught Blaise's eye and frowned deeply.

"Harry, he's not worth it," Hermione said, just like she always did when caught in such situations.

And that was the end of it.

"He didn't act any different!" Pansy whisper-shouted at Blaise as she paced angrily across the common room. They were the only two still awake; everyone else had gone up to their dorms.

"Perhaps we made the potion wrong?" Blaise suggested boredly.

Pansy certainly didn't want to believe it, but it seemed the only good explanation.

"I suppose there's only one way to be absolutely certain," she said finally. "We'll have to slip a bottle of the potion to someone else and see what they do. Perhaps the potion only invokes romantic thoughts and not actions. . ."

Blaise yawned. "Can we sleep now, Pansy? It's one in the morning."

"Yes, yes, we should retire. After all, I have to get up early to slip the potion to someone." She grinned evilly, then bounced up the stairs and fell asleep with the wicked smile on her face.

"It worked on the younger year!" Pansy cried in frustration twenty-four hours later. "Why didn't it work on Draco?"

"Perhaps since he's older and despises Potter, he needs a bigger dose?" Blaise suggested. "The two vials might not have been enough for him. Perhaps give him five or six this time."

She'd still have some bottles left, since she'd started out with twenty-five. That was still enough to use it another time or two on Draco should the potion work.

"Alright. Let's try it. Wait here; I'll go get the potions. Slip them into his new water bottle; he loves to show that thing off. And that way every time he drinks from it he'll get a stronger dose of the potion; I suppose he must have only drank one bottle last time, considering he only drank half the glass."

Returning a few minutes later with six viles of the potion, Blaise carried them all carefully up the stairs, and as Pansy laid down in her bunk to fall asleep, she muttered to herself, "This had better work."