24•8•18

Friday 24th August

Jim was driving me insane. He is completely fine during the day... well as fine as he normally is. However, at night, it's like he's trying to kill me! Jumping ; stomping ; leaping ; banging ; you'd think he wanted to keep the whole street awake. One day he even got into bed with me and started mumbling "Jackie". I have no clue how I was going to survive any longer.

Sat in the living room, I scour the internet for any flats nearby. Click after click, I search for anything to escape this place but nothing. With the prices of London flats, you would think the whole world wanted to live there! Well, they are still on the market so they're obviously too expensive for them! Leaning back into the tree bark brown sofa, I close my eyes to block out the hideous wallpaper and curtains in front of me. Whilst breathing in and out, I try to calm myself and not cry. I don't think I could deal with Jim trying to be... comforting.

A sudden scream came from the kitchen followed by a "RACHEL". God how I wished he would learn my name.
"Yes Jim?" I ask, standing to investigate what he had done today. Fire? No, that was last week? Flood? No, I don't think he's a big fan of water. Gas? Has the gas been on? I hope not because it's always freezing. Feeling my bare feet on the rugged floral carpet, I drag myself to the kitchen to find Jim stood, surrounded by smoke.
Clouds of dark soot, filled the whole room and continues to fill the house. In a rapid motion, I fling the back door open and Order Jim to "waft the air". It probably wouldn't do anything but it keeps him occupied.
"What started the smoke?" I ask, slightly scared of the answer.
"A book" he replies, enunciating each individual sound.
"A book?" I repeat, swinging a tea towel underneath the smoke alarm, hoping it won't start blaring. Then again, how effective can it be if the whole room is filled with smoke?

"I found one of the pages... offensive" he elaborates before turning back to the door. After a long sigh, then a few coughs, I turned towards the clock. Through the smoke I could vaguely make out what time it was. Four o clock? Four thirty? Either way, the night was dragging.
As I turn to go back to my 'bedroom' to drown my sorrows, the bell rings. A million thoughts run through my brain.
Who is it? Is it someone for Jim? Or me? God I hope it's for me.
I sprint towards the door in hopes that it's someone saving me.
"Can I smell smoke?" He says , waving his hand in front of his face.
"Adam? What are you doing here?" I ask in complete shock.
"I'm here to get you for dinner" he states, on the verge of a sigh.
"Oh Okay then" I let out in complete delight "just wait there, I'll be five minutes".

After racing up the stairs, getting dressed, thanking the lords I had put makeup on for no reason today and mouth-washing again, I hastily leave the house.
"Mum sent me by the way".
"Yeah I thought she would have" I chuckle.
"Are you surprised she invited you again? You seem to be" I wasn't sure if he was asking me or telling me to be honest.
"Well yeah, a little, I didn't realise the offer was real" I chuckle again, trying to fill the silence.
Finally reaching the door, as Adam turns the handle, a scream comes from inside and he slams it again.
"I mean I don't look great today but that was just rude" I joke before following Adam towards the back door. He slowly chucked and mumbled "nice one" before entering. I'll take that as a win.
"Mum?" Adam shouts "I brought your... daughter?" he was still shouting through his confusion but I couldn't help but laugh. Entering the living room I notice something is different but I can't put my finger on it. While standing in the entrance, I furrow my brows and squint at the room.
"Forgot your glasses grandma?" Jonny said to me from the sofa.
"Ha" I reply, still searching the room "what's different?".
All three men groan and I can feel that I shouldn't have said anything. Anticipating an unconventionally long story, I take a seat next to Jonny on the sofa.
"Did you say something love?" Jackie says, entering the room. It was painfully obvious that she was listening but I chose to ignore it.
"Did you do something different to the room? It feels... more homely?" I say with uncertainty.
"I got curtains!" Jackie screeches with delight.
"Curtains? Didn't you already have curtains?" I mumble to Jonny.
"Apparently not" he whispers back, his breath reaching my ear.
"They're very nice" I reply to Jackie, with mock enthusiasm.
"Oh I knew you would like them... Rosie" she smiles. As she leaves the room, she quickly turns back to say "Oh boys, Rosie doesn't have a name yet", then winks.
"That's right pissface" Adam exclaims.
"This is gonna be fun" Jonny replies with an unnerving smirk smeared across his face.

Uh oh