The Secret

He is sitting in his living room with a glass of red wine in hand. He just finished eating dinner and decided to watch TV and be updated with current news. Good thing TV patrol was still on so he watched while drinking his wine. He was about to get up and get a refill of wine when he heard her name being uttered by the Star Patrol newscaster.

"Dawn Zulueta, di parin nagsasalita tungkol sa mga isyung binabato sa kanya. Hindi pa rin nagbibigay ng komento ang kampo ni Dawn Zulueta sa isyung may anak raw siyang itinatago sa America. Ito ay matapos maging viral ang isang imahe sa social media. Ang nasa litrato ay si Dawn at isang babae na kamukhang kamukha ng artista. ......"

Seriously? She has a daughter? He smirked and turned off the TV. That couldn't be. I would have known if she has a daughter. After all, we have a past. "Showbiz nga naman.", he said while shaking his head and pouring himself another glass of wine.

It has been a year since the last time they saw each other as he has been busy being the mayor of Ormoc. He kept himself busy with political stuff in order for him to not think about her. He misses her so bad. He misses seeing her infectious smile, that smile that can light up the whole room. Sometimes all he wanted to do was go to Manila and profess his unending love for her but he can't. Well, not anymore. She is married now and she has been married for the past 20 years already. And him? He is still unmarried. They call him "George Clooney" of Philippine cinema before George Clooney got married. Of course, he had a fair share of girlfriends but they are not really wife material for him. Because for Richard Gomez, he already found the one but too bad, he let her go.

And now sitting in his veranda and after hearing that news, it made him think of the "What ifs". What if he fought for her and didn't give up on her. What if she didn't get tired of forgiving him. What if they are still together?

"Baka anak ko yung nasa America.", he chuckled and took a sip on his wine. After a few minutes, his phone started ringing. He picked up thinking it might be an emergency in the office so he was shocked when she heard her voice.

"Chard.", she said. He can hear her crying on the other end. He became alert and asked her what's wrong.

"Dawn, are you okay? Is there something wrong? Anong nangyari? Tell me.", he worriedly asked. He became more worried when he can only hear her sobs.

"Rachel?",

"I need to talk to you.", she finally uttered in between sobs. "Can we meet?"

"Of course. I always have time for you. Why? Is there something wrong?", he asked, still worried about why she is calling him and crying.

"I am in Sabin right now.", she said.

"Sabin? You mean Sabin resort? Here in Ormoc?"

"Yes."

"I will be there", he said as he hanged up. Took his keys and sped off to where his love is.

Author's note: Again, this is just a work of fiction. Used their real names so that you can feel the kilig. Sorry for the grammatical errors and typo and please subscribe and review. Thank you for reading. :)