day 22 - comments

I woke up to a lovely set of new comments. The truth is, comments are my favourite thing to receive. They are the things that really make me happy. And so when I began to receive comments from readers on the book saying how much they were enjoying it, my heart jumped. Comments also mean that you've done your job as a writer - you've gotten people engaged.

I couldn't believe three weeks had passed so quickly. Here I was. I began to wonder if I wanted to gain any new followers. Go on, my brain told me. So I decided on this day to follow some new people, get some new publicity to my work!

I wrote a few more chapters meaning I would have more to upload, but I was beginning to get concerned about the fact that I didn't know where this book was going to finish. I had zero clue. I decided to wait and see what ideas would come to me.

What had excited me most about this day was that someone had told me how much they loved my book. Loved. To me that word meant a lot. To me that word meant that I achieved everything I wanted to do with a book.

Statistics at the end of day twenty two:

1,380 reads

119 followers.

Lesson learnt: If you love your book, they'll be people who will love it too.