If the butterflies and fireworks pay rent, I'll let them stay in my belly.

Chapter 9: IF THE BUTTERFLIES AND FIREWORKS PAY RENT, I'LL LET THEM STAY IN MY BELLY.

The next day at school went forever. Bobby wasn't at school, said he was sick or something, he also mentioned that I should come over for the day, but I declined, telling him I value my education and need to stay in school if I didn’t want a foot permanently up my arse. He agreed that my decision was for the best, but I said I would come over and see him that afternoon if I was allowed. Mum said I was allowed, but only if I actually got home by five, and no later this time, not even a minute late were her exact words, and I didn’t want to face her wraith, not a chance.

The day finally ended and I headed to Bobby’s house, he texted me the directions and told me to call him if I got lost. I wouldn't get lost; I know this place like the back of my hand. The amount of times I walked around this town, idly minding my own business, lost in a world of my own thoughts, there is no way to count how many times I have done that.

I automatically shoved my dying earphones into my cold ears and turned up the sweet sounds of Pierce the Veil’s new beats. The sound soothed me, even though it was heavy music, somehow that always works for me. The wind was chilly, but not so bad that I couldn't walk in it.

It only took me 15 minutes to get to Bobby’s house, but it felt like a very short 15 minutes, to be honest, I would’ve enjoyed having another 15 added onto that, but I was seeing Bobby, after all, so it wasn't all bad.

I rang the doorbell, but I couldn't hear it ring, so I knocked as well, just in case. Bobby’s mum opened the door slightly, looking around the corner as if I was a serial killer trying to find her, or the Mafia boss, coming to collect my money, or her life. She actually looked really scared, but Bobby must have told her what I looked like, or that I was coming round, because when she saw it was only an innocent girl standing on her porch she smiled and opened the door, although not all the way, and let me in. “He’s in his room. He said he missed you today,” She smiled again as she closed the door behind me.

Bobby’s room was painted cream, not that you could tell from all the posters plastering every inch of his walls. He had mostly band posters, ranging from the hardcore stuff like Whitechapel and UnderOath, to Nevershoutnever, Stonefield and Cloud Control. He even had Jessie J! Although most of his posters, surprisingly were of older rock bands, AC DC, Pink Floyd, the Beach Boys and a few of Metallica.

When I was done looking around his room, my eyes finally laid on Bobby, he had his eyes closed and I thought he was asleep. I turned around to walk out when he said, “Where are you going, beautiful?”

“Oh, erm, no where, I thought you were asleep is all.” I blushed, but luckily Bobby still had his eyes closed, resting. He opened his eyes after a while and patted the bed next to him, motioning for me to sit next to him. I took up his offer a little to willingly, sitting cross-legged next to him. He looked at me after I sat down, then at the space between us, then up at me again. He was hinting at me to move closer to him, but I ignored it. He did it again and I still pretended I didn’t know what he was doing, so he grabbed me around the waist and dragged me over smiling teasingly at me all the while. Bobby was so perfect, and totally cute! I was so lucky to have him!

We just sat and talked, I texted my mum at about 4:30 asking her if she could pick me up because it was almost dark and very cold outside. A minute or so after I hit send, the rain started falling heavily, so luckily she had to say yes. Bobby and I eventually were lying down next to each other on his bed. He had his arm around my neck and I was resting my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and we just lay in silence, listening to the rain hitting the roof. I felt like everything was surreal, like no of this was even happening. I actually had a hard time believe it did, because it was me, and Bobby being so perfect and great and all. Me, being all not perfect and not cute in anyway at all and nowhere near Bobby’s league, but he didn’t seem to mind that at all.

I still had my eyes closed when I felt something on my face, I tried to brush it away, but I couldn’t. I opened one eye, to see what it was, and found Bobby’s face centimetres from my own. It was his breath on my face. He kissed me on the forehead and smiled at me, looking into my eyes. I think I died of an infection of butterflies at that very moment. I had never felt that way before, ever. I like it though. I hoped that I would feel like that much more often. It was like butterflies in my stomach, but the butterflies were looking up at the fireworks that were going off at the same time. That’s the best way I can explain it. We didn’t speak for the rest of the time I was at his house, but it was a comfortable silence, like we had known each other forever and ever. My mum turned up way to early, well, no she was actually ten minutes late, but it felt like I could’ve laid with Bobby for the rest of my life.

Mum took me home and I said I would talk to Bobby on Facebook later that night, after dinner.

Neither of us even went on Facebook that night.

The next day at school was terrible. Bobby wasn’t at school again, still sick I assumed. Come to think of it, he didn’t seem sick in the slightest when I was there last night, but maybe he was just feeling better after a day of sleep or something.

Liza was upset again because she had to say goodbye to Mel as it was her last day, I was a little upset, despite not knowing Mel very well. It makes me sad to see my friends sad, and trust me, they were sad!

By the time lunch rolled round I had spent the whole day with sad people, been given 4 assignment, easy ones, but still, that’s my afternoon gone then, and missed Bobby to much for words the whole day. I wanted that feeling from last night, but I wasn't allowed over to his house again tonight, thank god tomorrow was Friday!

The bell signalling the end of the day finally rang. After an eternity of school and high school drama, I was finally free!

I walked out the gates, shoved my earphones in, tuning out the world when I felt a tap on my back, surprising me, I turned around and seeing his face, I ripped the earphones out of my ears. “What are you doing here?” I screamed in happiness, and jumped into his embrace.