One

He's staring at Phil again. He's been doing so ever since the lesson started, fifteen minutes ago, and no matter how much he knows he shouldn't, he can't help. He's sure that Phil can sense him, but if he does, he shows no sign of it. He just looks forward, paying attention to whatever the teacher is going on about and not once looking in Dan's direction.

  Dan is already breaking the indirect promise he made to Phil not two weeks earlier. He's not supposed to be looking at him, that's what Phil wanted, but Dan doesn't really care. He's not going to deprive himself of this simple pleasure, of being able to look at the beautiful boy with the black hair, and the pretty blue eyes. The boy who used to love him. The boy he loves.

  He's new to this, this whole 'love' thing. Not too long ago, he was positive in his believing that love was a myth, like unicorns or something, but now he's been hit full force with it, and there's just no denying it now, not anymore. It's not like he can do anything about now, because Phil doesn't even look at him anymore, so it's not as if Dan can finally confess his feelings. He'd probably get laughed at.

  And so he has to deal with this. With only being able to look at him and imagine conversations where everything was fixed between them, and they loved each other, happy ever after. But that's all they would ever be. Imagination. 

  Suddenly, his skin started prickling, and he looked away from Phil only to meet a pair of green eyes that held nothing but evil victory and the smallest amount of lust.

  Jace Winslow. With those green eyes and that stylish brown-blonde hair, he was probably one of the most attractive guys in this school. But Dan knew that he was nothing but an insufferable man whore. He had made Dan believe that he was good, trustworthy enough to tell anything, and then he had gone and twisted everything up in the worst possible way. He was the reason that Dan and Phil were on such bad terms. Well, part of it at least.

  And now he was staring at Dan, not unlike the way Dan had previously been looking at Phil. Dan stubbornly looked away, down at his desk. There was no way he was gonna get sucked into that trap again. Not like last time, he didn't want to lose anything else.

  The rest of that class was spent, lost in his own imagination again, with Not Real Phil. He was so pathetic, making up these useless scenarios. It was the high point of his days, recently, and once or twice it was how he got off.

  He didn't have anymore classes with Phil, which he was simultaneously disappointed and highly glad about. It was torture enough, seeing him first thing every morning and not being able to do an anything about it. But not being able to look at him anymore, the rest of the day, was just as painful. And so when the bell rang, signaling the end of this period, Dan glanced at the boy he loved one more time, ignoring the sharp ache in his chest as he did so, and headed off to his next class.

  Pretty much the whole school knew about him and Phil, but very few actually knew why they weren't together anymore. There were all sorts of rumors going around, from Dan cheating with various people of various ages to him knocking up some girl. Dan's favorite was the supposed video of him having sex with a teacher for money, that had conveniently been taken down.

  Either way, Dan couldn't even walk to his locker without everyone in his path glaring at him in disgust and hate, and there were the occasional rude comments. He didn't pay mind to any of it though, because he was sure that nothing could hurt him any more than the rejection from Phil he constantly received.

  And as if that wasn't enough, Jace wouldn't leave him alone. He was always trying to talk to Dan, get his attention in some kind of way,  but Dan ignored as best as he could. He wanted nothing to do with that guy.

  All in all, Dan's life was hell. He had lost everything, he didn't know how good he'd had it before. And there was really no one to blame but himself. If he hadn't been so fucking stupid, if only he hadn't let Jace get to him...but there was nothing he could do about it now.

  This was his life now.

                                                  *******************************************************

  Jace was talking to Phil.

  This was something Dan was sure would never happen in any way, seeing as they both hated each other for a number of reasons, but it was happening now as Dan could clearly see from around the corner.  And from the looks of it, Phil wasn't too happy about it either.

  What the hell were they talking about? They didn't seem as if they had too much in common, so there was no way it was just some normal, civilized conversation. What if they were talking about Dan? That would probably explain the sour look crossing Phil's face.

  The hallways were pretty crowded, seeing as it was the end of the school day, and Dan had to stand on his toes to properly see them.

  He was just about to give up and make his way back to his own locker, when Phil punched Jace square in the face.

  Holy shit, was the first thing Dan thought, before he was pushing his way through the crowd over to them. Everyone had stopped. staring at Jace who was laying on the ground, clutching his face, and Phil, who was glaring down at him.

  "What the hell did you do that for?" Dan said, kneeling down beside Jace but looking up at Phil in shock. He didn't really care that this was the first thing he had said to Phil, in weeks, he was too much in awe. Phil was definitely not the physically violent type, Jace must have really pissed him off.

  "Defending your new boyfriend, now?" Phil said, through clenched teeth, and Dan stared at him with his mouth open. Phil had actually talked to him. He shook his head, trying to focus on the situation at hand.

  "He- he's not my boyfriend." Dan said, stuttering, and couldn't help but realize how stupid he sounded, since he was currently sitting right beside Jace, with an arm wrapped around him.

  "Oh, well that breaks my heart." Jace suddenly said, a bit thickly from the blood pooling in his mouth. Dan shot him an irritated look, but Jace only smiled back up at him.

  When Dan looked back up, he saw that Phil had disappeared, and he sighed tiredly. "What did you say to him?" He asked Jace, who was sitting up rather painfully.

  "I was just trying to apologize." He replied, rubbing his cheek gently and wincing. "You know, for him having to watch me give you the best hand job you've ever had. At least, judging from the way you were screaming."

  Dan blushed slightly at his words, but pushed him away and stood up. "Don't talk to me like that." He said.

  "I always thought you liked my dirty talk?" Jace said innocently, but his smile was wicked. "Don't you remember all the fun we had? We still could you know, now that Blue Eyes is out of the way. I could-"

  "I said," Dan cut him off. "don't talk to me like that. I don't want anything to do with you anymore, okay?" And then he left, turning and leaving Jace where he was sitting in the middle of the hall.

  "Whatever you want, babe." Jace shouted after him. "But you know where to find me."

  Dan didn't look back.

                                         *************************************************************

  a/n: Part one of le sequel!

It's a bit crappy, I know, but starting stories is hard, at least for me.

Did you like it? Should I continue?? Let me know, babes, all criticism is welcome.

Peace :3