Prologue 2. I don't want to!

Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times; they only you make you stronger

- Kush and Wizdom

Prologue Part 2

Still 18 years ago.

6 Months before.

I was fuming I can't believe mom is making me go to the Castellanos party. They do this every year making an over the top party, we all knew that the party was actually for the Castellanos son, Dominic. The dark, brooding, mysterious boy was one everyone wanted to figure out, I'd heard from both of my best friends Aaliyah Delacruz and Camille Dominguez when they had attended the party a few years back that when Dominic entered the room you felt shivers go down your spine and definitely not the good kind said Aaliyah. I actually found that one quite amusing our usual not phased friend was definitely surprised that night.

But back to the problem at hand my mother was making me attend the party her reason when I asked why I had to go when I hadn't attended others was simply 'Adrienne honey look at your older sister Alisha she's mated and will be married in two years don't you want to meet a lovely wolf who will provide for you' I snorted at her when she said that what are we in the middle ages?. But I knew the real reason both parents hoped that I would be mated to Dominic but also as I was the only child left in my family not mated well expect my twin Ashton whose mate was my beautiful Camille they had wanted to wait until they were 16 to mate and mark each other. I couldn't be more happier for them, my two favourite people were in love and to be honest, when people asked if I wanted to mated I would just shrug them off and say I'm too young to be tied down but the real honest to truth was I craved a family of my own a mate who provide me and look at me like I'm only thing on earth gravitating him from falling.

When my sister and her mate would practically shove their lovey dovey in everyone face it hurt. I may shrug and act like nothing was wrong but the truth was I was hurting. I felt my heart break every time I saw a mated couple. I would ask myself why I can't I have that. ? But I guess fate didn't exactly love me like the whole nation was.

I replayed what my mother had said the second I walked through the damn door. ''Ade, finally your home. Mum's looking for you and a heads up, be prepared for war.'' Said my twin Ashton. I looked at is retreating back and shook my head confused. What the hell was he on about? I thought for a moment and wondered if my twin was smoking weed again. I narrowed my eyes at the empty space my twin resided just a few moments ago.

I sighed deeply through my nose, I couldn't handle another heated argument with my over bearer mother. I swear this morning I saw a couple of white hairs, seriously I freaked out for like 2 minutes and resisted the urge to go scream at my mother for giving me white hair at the age of 14. I pursued my thick lips in agitation. My mother and me definitely do not get along, she hates me because I ruined her perfect looking blonde haired, blued family well with the exception of my darked haired father who absolutely love to death.

Being the splitting image of my father with black ink hair and the same rare sliver, blue eyes which we inherited from my grandfather. I don't think she liked the fact that I looked my father and none of my other siblings did.

I tried with my mother I really did, but there's only much someone could take and that someone was me. After our fight yesterday I was physically and mentally drained. I wanted so badly to clock my mother in the eye.

Actually I had a very funny story actually but long story short, she signed me up with anger management, which is surprisingly doing some good, and I don't have the need to punch her stupid face every time I look at her.

I had never actually found out the reason why she hated me so much, I mean she loves my twin I guess because he's the exact image of my mother the same hair and eyes except Ashton got his 6'5 and broad shoulders, bulging muscles from dad.

I walked down the hall, following my mother honey scent to the huge living room to find the whole family there. I felt my wolf stir, she felt uneasy that everyone was gathered here. Something was definitely up, I looked over at my twin and opened up our link so I could to talk to him but found it blocked. I felt my anger rise that my twin blocked me, he had never done that but I also felt hurt. I pushed my hurt back and bathed in my anger.

''So ...'' I said waiting for an explanation as to why everyone was gathered here like we were having a bloody dinner which by the way we aren't.

My mother stood up and walked to me, stopped an arm's length away from me. ''Adrienne were here all her because...'' she stopped at looked at my father, a look past between them.

My father stood and said the words I thought would never would come out. ''Adrienne you're going to the Castellano's''

***

Vote

Comment

Fan

Feedback appreciated