Selling My Soul for His Aston Martin. (18)

forgive me if it's a little short and confusing, this is like my third time writing this and i am TIRED .;(

~*~

Deborah's POV:

I opened the door to Tim's house, walkinig in and shutting the door behind me quielty. Everyone was probably sleeping..

Well, that's what I thought until I heard the tv in the livingroom. Walking in, I saw the youngest boy, Max, sitting there, watching some kids show. He turned and looked at me, about to put out an insult not doubt, but stopped and just stared at me. I wrinkled my nose in distaste. "What?"

He continued to stare. Then: "You have a daughter, don't you?"

I froze. That was impossible. He couldn't possibly...

Putting on a blank expression, I shrugged. "What's it mean to you, brat?"

"Nothing." He turned back around. I shook myself a little. Calm down, Debbie, there's no way I in hell anyone here knows her. There was no chance that we'd ever meet again.

I changed my name to make sure of that.

Shaking my head, I dropped my suitcase at the bottom of the steps and left it there for the butler to pick up. He would, or else he'd be fired.

Climbing the stairs gracefully despite the heels I wore, I walked to Tim's room. He was spread out on the bed, his mouth slightly ajar. I frowned a little.

He was a pig, but he paid the bills. Slipping my heels off, I climbed into bed, resting my head on his stomach. He stirred and gave me a lazy smirk. 'Hey, babe. I thought you'd never get here."

I kissed him and leaned back, looking into his beautful eyes. They were unforgettable, a smooth, chocolatly brown that seemed to make people mystified.

I met Tim when...well, I may as well go back.

I left my daughter and ex husband when I was twenty. I was bored. He was boring, she looked too much like me for me to care about her (I hated myself back then), and havinng become pregnant when I was fifteen, there was little left for me but to play good housewife to the guy who knocked me up on prom night.

Now, I had options. A guy who had seen me at the grocery store, arguing with Jamie took a liking to me and gave me his card with a wink.

I left the very next day.

I wasn't that bad. I mean, Jamie was very well into kindergarten and everything, and Robert was doing good in his job. I just couldn't take that house anymore.

Over the years, I moved from place to place, legally changinng my name from Bree Robinson to Deborah Sparks, a woman with promise and no five year old little girl and a man who was growing older everyday to bring me down. I was a substitue teacher.

Which, of course, is how I met Andrew.

He was the popular guy, a quaterback who still managed to keep his hair in place even after a tough game. Most importantly though, he was RICH. I was the hot new substitute.

It took a week to get him to fall right into my trap. It was exciting, the discreet touches and winks by day and hot love by night.

After he graduated and we didn't have to hide anymore, the diamonds and nnecklaces weren't enough to keep me on steady ground. I was gettin gready to leave whenn I discovered that Andrew's uncle was an old friend of mine. I'd met him back whenn he and his wife were in love, blissfully happy. Now she was depressed, moody, in no condition to fulfill a man's needs.

Screw a wee. It took a DAY for Tim to come running to my bed. Of course, Andrew, the poor lad, found out, so I told him the truth and left.

Just for kicks, we did have one last episode though...

Tim kissed my stomach and I panicked a little. I wasn't even nsure if it was his. He sensed me stiffening. "What's wrong, babe?"

"Morning sickness," I lied, getting up. He moved away quickly. Pregnant women's symptoms were not a part of his forte. All he cared about was the baby inside of me. "Go ahead, then."

I walked to the hallway bathroom, not wanting him to hear my fake gags. I bumped into something soft and stumbled back, looking up.

My jaw dropped. The girl in front of me could've been my sister.

"Jamie. What are you doing here?"

She looked at me, shocked, before bolting. I just stood there, not comprehending.

Oh my God.

My little girl.

She grew up so fast. A pretty little thing, too, with red hair idenntical to my own.

I couldn't bring myself to feel bad. It's not like I cared for her that much. Her daddy held her first, for the longest time, then handed her to me.

She was small, wrinkly, and looked like a little me all toghter. All I knew though, was that she caused me pain, trouble, and to get kicked off the cheerleading team. And she bit me when she nursed.

I sighed.

Nope. No motherly love, whatsoever. Just surprise and a hope that she wouldn't tell everyone that I was her mother...

Jamie's POV:

I woke up with my eyes aching and puffy, feeling more comfortable than I had ever been in my life, despite the fact that I was on the ground.

I looked up and Will's face and smiled, then froze, looking down.

Nope. Fully clothed. What a relief, considering our track record these past few days. Willl sretched beneath me. "God James, you are heavy."

"Whatever."

He looked at me, blinking hard, then taking me by surprise by kissing me on the eyelids, then on the tip of my nose. "You look like hell. Please don't EVER cry that hard again."

I sheepishly looked down. "Sorry. I'm not much of a crier."

"I believe that." He stood up, offering me a hand. I smiled and took it, enjoying the warmth as he pulled me to my feet and pressed his forehead to mine, loookinginto my eyes. "Ready for breakfast? Cause we don't have to--"

"Oh I want to, alright. I'm about to go and tell her off."

"Good to know. Just don't throw anything."

"I'll try not to hit you," I promised, opening the door and stepping out. Jeff, who was walkig by and whistling, stopped, his eyes wide as saucers as he took in my appearance. He looked at Will. "Christ, Will. Are you really that bad a kisser?"

I cracked up laughing while Will just stuck his tongue out at him. Jeff crossed his eyes. I laughed harder.

I was seriously happy, just for that moment.

Too bad I didn't know everything was about to take a turn for worse.