Part 7

After dinner, we stroll along the paths of the ocean. Darkness has long settled over the small town, and it stretched miles and miles across the distance.

        We walk in silence, and I think quietly to myself. I think, but my eyes are still on her as we walk. The silver moonlight illuminates her face and gives her skin a heavenly glow. She’s clasping her hands tightly infront of her, and I can tell she’s nervous.

        “Stephan?” she sneaks a peek at me.

        “Yes?” I reply warmly.

        “Why are you so quiet?” she asks me.

        “I’m just thinking. I want to bring you somewhere,” I answer.

        “Where?”

        “Somewhere in that forest. I have something I want to show you that’s very precious to me.”

         “The forest…?” she blinks, confused.

         “Yes. I have something very important to tell you in there,” I persist, and she pulls on her sleeve, a habit she does when she’s thinking deeply.

        “Alright, then,” she agrees, her voice somewhat nervous. I look directly at her and lock her gaze in mine.

         “Do you trust me?” I hold out a hand.

        “I do,” she blurts out, and coils back in embarrassment. “I mean…yes.”

        Then, she slips her hand into mine as we turn to the forest, hand in hand. The brief contact knocks my breath away, and I inhale sharply.

        Finally...I can feel her...

        I turn to her, beaming, and she looks back with a equally dazzling smile. I have never been so happy.

        She loves me...

         I take the first step.