Chapter Six: Real Life

Very unedited

Corinna had picked Lola, Oliver and Evangeline up from the airport an hour ago and now was helping them settle into their hotel. Oliver and Lola were putting their clothes in the master bedroom dresser drawers well Corinna and Evangeline lay sprawled across the beds silk sheets.

'Aren't you going to unpack your stuff Evie?'

'Naw I'm to lazy for that shit.'
She laughed,

'I'll probably just spread my clothes all over my bedroom floor until I can't tell what's dirty or clean and I'm forced to take responsibility.'

'Whatever floats your boat.'

'Anyways Lola, all my friends really want to meet you.'
Corinna piped up,

'I'm down for that.'

She shrugged, closing the top drawer of the dresser.

'from what you've told me they seem pretty cool.'

'Chill, can you do it tomorrow?'
Corinna asked excitedly,

'Oh I'm sorry Oliver and I have plans with his parents tomorrow......'
She apologized falling back into the bed in between Corinna and Evangeline

'Oh yeah babe, I meant to tell you my parents had to reschedule.'

Oliver said making his way over to the phone to order room service.

'Well then I guess I am free! Oliver, Evie, do you want to come with?'

'Naw its okay, I was hoping to meet up with high school friends.'

Oliver replied lifting the phone to his ear.

'Yeah and I've never been to LA I was kinda hoping to do some cheesy tourist stuff.'

Evangeline spoke twirling a strand of hair between her manicured fingers.

'Okay whatever.'
Lola shrugged,

'I guess it'll just me you and me 'rinna.'

____

The next day Lola woke up at ten, around an hour after Evie and Oliver had left. She rolled out of bed with a groan and made her way over to the kitchen area. On the island was a brown takeout box with a note on the top, Lola grinned picking up the note.

Hey sleepy head,

Brought you back breakfast. Hope you have a lovely day.

Xoxo, Oliver.

Lola blushed, Oliver was always doing cute shit like this and Lola loved him for it.

____
It was 11 o'clock when Corinna phoned her. Lola spit out the toothpaste from her mouth before grabbing her cellphone off the sink.

'Hey Rin, you outside?'

'Yeah we're just parked around the corner on Rossland st.'

'Okay sweet, be right down!'

Lola hung up the phone and finished brushing her teeth before walking out of her hotel room door and hoping in the elevator.

Corinna's car was small and black and had her along with three other people leaned up against it, Lola couldn't imagine how they would all fit.

'Oh my god baby here she comes!'
She heard one man with a beard excitedly exclaim. Corinna rolled her eyes at her friends before turning to speak to Lola.

'Hey girl!'

'Hey Rin!'

They quickly hugged before Corinna introduced Lola to the other people there