Totsuki

She darted through crowds of people making her way to a specific local pub. Nishikiri ran there which was something she was good at. She had to be fast in order to survive.

Nishikiri made it to the local pub and opened the doors. She walked inside cautiously as always and made her way to the kitchen. She wore the mask that was given to her by the doctor which she's getting more used to.

"Why are you so tense?" She hears a voice ask. She jumps in surprise and turns to see Ryo.

"I-I'm n-not used to p-people yet." Nishikiri says while looking down ashamed.

"You stutter a lot. Where'd you grow up?"

"I l-lived on the streets f-for five years." She tried not to stutter but she couldn't help it.

"What about your parents?" She was hesitant but answered anyway.

"They d-died when I was five." Ryo looked shocked and looked away.

"Sorry." He said and walked towards the kitchen. Nishikiri followed and many ingredients in bowls were out but she had no idea what they were.

"First you have to learn all these ingredients." In front of each bowl was the name of the ingredient.

"Start by memorizing these by how they smell and the appearance." He said. Nishikiri nodded and analyzed each ingredient and loosens her mask in the slightest bit to smell each ingredient better. She started feeling nauseous but she bared through it to gain a higher tolerance.

"Aren't you going to take you mask off?" He asked boredly as he watched her. She shook her head.

"I have a d-disorder called h-hyperosmia. I have a hypersensitive and a g-good sense of smell. If I t-take off this m-mask I'll throw up. I need to g-gain a higher t-tolerance over t-time." Nishikiri couldn't help but stutter. He noticed this.

"Ok." He said and she refocused on the ingredients in front of her memorizing each name. She looked and Ryo once she got it and he pulled out many other dishes. Each of them had labels and she had to memorize each one.

By the end of the day she had memorized many different foods and she'd come back everyday for Ryo to teach her. As days turned into months, she was more comfortable around Ryo and didn't stutter around him. She'd still be shy though but he got rid of her habit of growling at people. But then a year later, he dissappeared after a girl named Alice came. Nishikiri didn't even know where he went or that he'd even go. She felt as if she was... forgotten.

4 years later

A girl with beautiful, long below knee length, loosely braided, white hair walked up to the stage with long strides. Her green eyes had a small glint of burning passion ready for anything.

Except she wasn't the same as she was. She grew in many physical and mental ways. Her body hit something called puberty and she learned not to get close to anyone. Because everyone just leaves her in the end.

Today she would start attending a widely know culinary school called Totsuki. Something Doc reccommended. She passed the entrance exam and she was at the ceremony for new students.

She wasn't the only one though. Another tranfer by the name or Yukihara Soma had also passed. He was called to the stage first. His speech was basically about how everyone was stepping stones and he'll make it to the top. He had red hair and a jacket with the name 'Yukihara' on it.

She made her speech but many people commented on her beautiful looks. She took the crowd breath away though she didn't smile.

"Hello everyone. Pleased to meet you. I hope we have a good year together." She said then walked off the stage. She passed Yukihara but he stopped her.